Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sensitivity after root cleaning

• 30-04-2006 1:33pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My Boyfriend went to a dentist for the first time in a couple of years last month who told him his teeth were perfect apart from needing some Root Cleaning.. Being releaved he didn't need any other work done he made an apointement and happily went along for his cleaning..

BUT.. Ever since he had it done his teeth have been very sensitive and he is wondering if he should have had this done in the first place and if maybe he should have gotten a second opinion??

Is it normal to have very sensitive teeth after root cleaning or has my boyfriend made a mistake in having it done???

He brushes his teeth after every meal and takes very good care of them and I don't like to see him having dental pain that could have been avoided...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Well when tartar on you teeth is removed often they can be very senstive for a while after. This senstivity is temporary and much better than having bacteria laden tartar on you teeth and gums. Dont worry it will pass and just make sure he does not let it buildup again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well when tartar on you teeth is removed often they can be very senstive for a while after. This senstivity is temporary and much better than having bacteria laden tartar on you teeth and gums. Dont worry it will pass and just make sure he does not let it buildup again.

Thank you :)

Advertisement