Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heartbroken

Options
  • 30-04-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

My puppy died. My baby, my little girl. I waited my whole life for a dog, and when I finally got her, my perfect girl, she has to go. I hate going home. There's no welcoming scrabble or bark at the door. When I eat standing up there's nobody sitting at my feet waiting to lick the yogurt carton clean. And when I eat sitting down there's no heavy head lying on my lap waiting for a bit of pizza. When I'm lying in bed there's no doggy snoring in her pink bed beside mine. When I wake up in the morning it's not because some big lump has jumped onto my bed and is trying to squash me against the wall so she has more room. I have no reason to go for a walk now, and when I see a stick lying around nobody picks it up and runs on ahead, tail in the air, delighted grin on her face. Nobody pushes toys into my lap every minute of the day. And nobody waits outside the bathroom for me to come out after my shower. Nobody lies on the couch with her pink tummy showing, ears out like a bat. If I say "Speak!" nobody barks. And if I put my hands out and say "High Ten" nobody will jump up and paw my hands. Nobody licks my face when I'm sittind down. And nobody follows me when I go up or down the stairs with a thump thump thump. It will be her first birthday on the 4th of July. I was going to make her a cake made of lots of hamburgers. I go to bed before everyone else now because I'm afraid of being left on my own in the living rooms and saying "Okay my little sunbeam.. Bedtime!" to thin air. She used to sleep on the couch until I was ready to go upstairs, and when I said "bedtime!" she'd slide clumsily off the couch and yawn and follow me into the kitchen while I got her a doggy treat, then thump thump thump upstairs and when she was sitting on her bed I'd give her the treat.

She died two days ago and I still think she'll nose my door open and trot in, wagging her tail. She was like my shadow. I miss her so much. How can I accept she's gone and stop crying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

logo.gif

PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Hey thats a killer. Treasure the memories and time will take care of the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

:( Its a very sad time for you, I know how you feel. My last dog died when she was only three years old and I was gutted. Even though you can never forget a dog the best thing to do is to get another one if your in a position to to so. What kind of dog was she and what did she die from? In many cases a dog really is your best friend and some people seem to click with their dogs and their dogs seem to know what their owners are thinking. Do you have any photos of your dog? You've given me an idea now to start a thread for departed pets and now doubt you'll see lots of people love their animals too.

Advertisement