Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

exclusive schools

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i say lock this thread Mod..

its all been "discussed" before..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

yeah this should be closed. its such a pointless argument. anyway, i should have the most to complain about... i go to a vocational school:D thats a "tech" outside the safety of the pale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

^^finally some people that have sense in here...lock the ****in thread;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

come on timay!! lock it already!!

the public have spoken :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

dont do it timay :) you know you want to leave it open. don't crack under the pressure :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

stop ****ing posting replies and it'll disappear. This 1 had to b posted!!!!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

My Aunt and Uncle have their son in clongowes and daughter in rathdown. They dont share their wealth with the family!

In actual fact, because their boarding they get away with murder. Private school breeds the wrong qualities if we want a fair and even society, thats my oponion.

Absolutely correct! I think many people in private schools see themsleves as special compared to those of us in public schools and that they should not mix with the "proletariat". Of course this breeds a bad and often patronising attitude.
    We have many very good public schoold with great teachers. I say that the Department should stop funding private schools as it gives them an unfair advantage over public schools...why? Well because the private school has money not just from the government as a public school does, but from the rich parents who pay fee's which is something public schools do not get really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Fabio wrote:
    Absolutely correct! I think many people in private schools see themsleves as special compared to those of us in public schools and that they should not mix with the "proletariat". Of course this breeds a bad and often patronising attitude.
    We have many very good public schoold with great teachers. I say that the Department should stop funding private schools as it gives them an unfair advantage over public schools...why? Well because the private school has money not just from the government as a public school does, but from the rich parents who pay fee's which is something public schools do not get really.

ah ffs, someone had to start it again. for christs sake lets just stop this neverending argument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Not a fair point as the government gives as much money to private schools as it does to public schools.

Absolute and unadulterated tripe. They pay the teachers, they do not pay for upkeep of the grounds and amenities, light/heat, expansion of the school, scholarships etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Fabio wrote:
    /me bangs head off wall

Actually...

/me bangs Fabios head off wall

• Advertisement

Fabio wrote:
    Absolutely correct! I think many people in private schools see themsleves as special compared to those of us in public schools and that they should not mix with the "proletariat".

The problem is not with private or public schools, it's with people who use words like "proletariat" to make themselves look clever.
    Fabio wrote:
    I say that the Department should stop funding private schools as it gives them an unfair advantage over public schools...

I'm sorry, what "funding" would this be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Lads in all fairness, you can talk about funding and all that for as long as you like but the thruth is, what's with these exclusive schools sending rich prats in pink t-shirts out to the world?

Lads in all fairness, you can talk about funding and all that for as long as you like but the thruth is, what's with these exclusive schools sending rich prats in pink t-shirts out to the world?

If pink t-shirts are the biggest icon of social inequality you see, consider yourself to have a sheltered existence. And for the record, the whole "chav" scene has embraced pink along with burberry so your argument - as useless as it was to begin with - has fallen apart.

As for the rich prats comment? That's just as incorrect as me saying "what's with these public schools sending poor scumbags...out to the world". It's simply not true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

jimi_t wrote:
    I'm sorry, what "funding" would this be?
    jimi_t wrote:
    They pay the teachers

:rolleyes:

Sorry, maybe I should've made it a bit clearer. It was in response to this comment
    Fabio wrote:
    Department should stop funding private schools as it gives them an unfair advantage over public schools...

They don't "fund" them i.e. pay for light/heating/maintanence and administration costs. If they didn't pay the teachers in private schools then it would result in the private schools offering higher fees to teachers than the public schools - resulting in a brain drain as the best quality teachers are lured from the public school sector by higher wages - and the fees for most private schools like some the Jesuit and Holy Ghost schools wouldn't begin to cover the cost of running the school. Do you have any idea of how much it costs to heat a school of 400 students for one day in the winter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

TIMAY?WHERE ARE YOU?go on lock this thread!

d4gurl wrote:
    TIMAY?WHERE ARE YOU?go on lock this thread!

Probably best tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Awww man, this thread is so good. So good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Thread locked*

*Thread may not be locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Daddio your an exclusive school! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement