Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

under body neons and stuff

Options
  • 30-04-2006 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

hi, i'm new on this site, :) was wonderin if anyone could help me out with a query ; are under body neons street legal?? :confused: my mate said that any colour apart from blue is legal,because blue is the ''police colour''....any help would be great! merci! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

The only legal colours as far as im aware are:

Sides: Orange
    Front and back: White.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Optimus wrote:
    The only legal colours as far as im aware are:

Sides: Orange
    Front and back: White.

ye basicly any color ud normally see on a car

any others and u could find urself in a bit of bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i think all colours are legal except blue.donot borher with blue as you will get pulled alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Optimus

drdre wrote:
    i think all colours are legal except blue.donot borher with blue as you will get pulled alot.
    As iv said, no colours other than those iv stated are allowed. You may get away with it for a while. But its not legal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

You can only have white light to the front and red light to the rear of your car.

Hence why neons, those windscreen washer lights and illuminous lights coming from amps and such are illegal.

Truckers are the worst offenders with regard to these but the traffic corps are cracking down big time on them,

They also have all those displays inside their windscreens with moving bits and flags etc etc. Covered under the same legislation to hit boy racers with visors. Inessential stickers and objects imparing vision.

Judges seem to give truckers bigger fines for these as opposed to the ones they dish out to boy racers, probably proportionate to the damage they could do in an accident. Alot of their vision is seriously impaired by these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

pikaboo wrote:
    hi, i'm new on this site, :) was wonderin if anyone could help me out with a query ; are under body neons street legal?? :confused: my mate said that any colour apart from blue is legal,because blue is the ''police colour''....any help would be great! merci! :)

if you want neons then fit whatever colour you want but only switch them on at meets or when your not on public roads.

i doubt its illegal to have the neons but have them swirched off??

in my opinion there cheap and tacky and you should get them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

Neon's are only allowed for shows

It's illegal to drive around with them switched on as they are a major distraction to other drivers who stare at your neons and then plough into the back of someone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 thefastlane.ie

Hey,

I had a set of Red neons on my old car for 2 years, always switched them on at night and never once had anyone tell me to turn them off.
    I was pulled by the gardai in this car, and left the lights on and they said nothing, ever.

I would advise the multicolor LED Lights. Then if you are getting pulled you can just change the color to white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

i have a set of blue neons under my car and also have those washer lights,i didnt put them on,they came with the car,anyway i always drive around with my neons on at night and since i got the car nearly a year and a half ago i have never been stopped by the guards, as far as i know neons are not illigal but if they are flashing then they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bspoke

This is a letter one of our members got from the local guards after a very successful meet with them and some local media las year
    MODIFIED VEHICLE OFFENCES

1: Silencer,excessive noise. Covers situation where the noise level has been increased due to the exhaust being modified or replaced.

2: Lights at rear of vehicle other than red. Covers situation where lights other than red are shown to the rear, includes lights fitted under the vehicle with the exception of number plate lights.

3: Flashing light on a vehicle. It is an offence to have a flashing light of any colour fitted on the vehicle inside or outside the vehicle. Covers neons, led's, and "nightrider" style lights

4: Fog lamps. It is an offence to have fog lamps lit other than in fog and falling snow.

5: Tints - Darkened windscreen and side windows. An offence if glass is so dark that it interferes with the view of the road and other traffic to the front or side

6: Alloys - large wheels. It is an offence to have wheels fitted that when the steering is locked they touch the body.

7: Lights fitted to the front of a vehicle other than white or yellow (that covers any of you xsi teg owners!)

8: Front or rear reg plates displaying letters or numbers other than those proscribed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement