Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw & Smackdown Belfast House Show Results

• 30-04-2006 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I see no one posted these... well... here they are for whoever is interested...Raw 25th April 2006:

RVD beat Matt Striker with the five-star-frog-splash. Pretty decent match but really short. Big, big pop for RVD and he acknowledged my 'whole f**kin show' sign :D Striker also acknowledged my 'teach me how to read sign'.

Snitsky & Goldust beat Cade & Murdoch when Snitsky gave the big boot to Cade. Another short one, but I dont think anyone was that bothered.

Umaga beat Eugene with that move he does in the corner. Me and a bunch of others got a 'bring back Jamal' chant going at the start of the match. By the end we were bowing to Umaga. He seemed confused.

Shelton beat Carlito by holding the rope during the pin. Crowd big into Carlito. Shelton cut a 'stop calling me a mommas boy' promo... which of course lead to lots of 'mommas boy chants'. Really enjoyable match.

HBK & Flair beat Edge & Masters when HBK hit Masters with the swwe-chin-music. Big pop for HBK & Flair. TONS of heat for Edge & Lita. Lita noticed my 'Lita, leave Edge for me sign' & rolled her eyes. Edge then said 'she mine'. The crowd were into this match big time and they all the guys delivered. Lita looked hot in person. Really! There were a lot of boo's but mainly a 'shocked' atmosphere when the idiot jumped the barrier and made a go for HBK. Both Edge & Masters broke character and made a go for him. The whole thing clearly pissed HBK off.

Mickie James won a 6-Diva battle royal. The ALL looked damn hot. I had an 'I heart Maria' sign. She waved to me! Torrie was out first via Candice. Then Torrie pulled Candice out while she was doing the 'go-daddy' thing. Maria was next out via Victoria (I think). Then Trish got Victoria leaving out her & Mickie to go at it. Mickie threw Trish out when she had her in the corner on the ropes.

Kane, Big Show & Viscera beat The Spirit Squad when they all did their moves on all five members. Kane, Show & Vis were at our side. Loads of 'May 19th' chants. Show then said to us 'its a great movie, you should watch it'. The Spirit Squad were really entertaing live (they gave an 'anti-Ireland' and cheerleader chant pre-match) and this was a quality match.

Cena beat Triple H in the main event. Mixed reaction to Cena but big pops when he won. Cena took a hammer shot then Edge inerfered and speared Trips by mistake. He got a pedigree for his troubles. Cena won with the FU. He then went round the ring hi-fiving fans at ringside. For a guy who's supposedly hated by many, many fans, a lot of these haters made their way to ringside by any means necessary to get close to the champ.... and they looked made up afterwards. How odd....
    Very strong show from Raw.

Smackdown 26th April 2006:

Lashley beat Booker T with a move that looked suspiciously like Abyss' finisher. Good reaction to Lahsley. This guy is a brick sh*thouse in person and these two worked a great opening match. Booker cut a promo before the match saying that he's gonna win KOTR and that no one can stop him. Cue Lashley's music and inevitable win.

Pirate Paul beat Road Warrior Animal... I cant remember how, but it wasnt with his normal finisher. Pretty short match but the crowd were into Pirate Paul.

MNM beat The Hooligans (London & Kendrick) when Nitro (I think) held on to Melina while rolling up London. A decent match with a few good spots, but there were also a few botched moves. Still, good show from all 4 guys. And Melina was smokin'!

Tatanka beat Gunner Scott with his finisher (cant remember what its called). Im a fan of Tatanka, but the crowd werent really into it. Gunner looks to be a decent wrestler. Despite the (seemingly) dis-interested crowd, they still popped for Tatanka's win.

The three-way cruiserweight match between Nunzio, Funaki & Gregory Helms ended in a no contest when Great Khali came out and half killed them (apart from Helms who escaped). Good match up until then with some great spots from Funaki. The cruiserweights deserve a lot more time on TV. Daivari announced that we had just witnessed the Great Khali.

Finlay beat William Regal with the musclebuster. HUUUUUUGE pop for Finlay (the hometown hero). Probably the only time in his career he'll be cheered. A wrestling masterclass from the two veterans. Finlay's father (who was sitting two seats away from us) clocked Regal with a bottle on the head after Regal offered to kick his ass after beating up his eldest son. The crowd loved this. Finlay jumped into the crowd at two sides of the ring (including ours). Great 'wrestling' match.

Kristal came out to throw t-shirts to the crowd but she was interupted by Jillian. They ended up brawling & rolling over Tony Chimel (who looked happy). Kristal threw Jillan to the outside and continued distributing t-shirts. This ended when she took her own off and threw it to the crowd. Both of them looked great.

JBL beat Chris Benoit with the clothsline from hell after a double ref bump and a chair shot. JBL cut a.... controversial (for lack of a better term) promo before the match. He trashed talked about Belfast & even mentioned the troubles saying 'you started a war with the Republic Of Ireland and got your ass kicked'. He mentioned that he took titles from Eddie Guerrero, Benoit and that Rey was next.... cue the Rabid Wolverine. He got on the mic and said that he, Eddie and Rey will always be the greatest. Ths was a pretty good match (despite JBL being out of shape) with JBL getting heat by mocking Eddie. Benoit hit the three-amigos, which the crowd loved. But then the ref bumps came and JBL got his win. A great match with a ton of near falls. Enormous pop for Benoit, by the way.

Matt Hardy beat Orlando Jordan with the twist of fate. A short & sweet match with Hardy getting a great pop. Orlando was better than he is given credit for.

Rey Mysterio pinned Mark Henry with the frog splash after a 619 in the triple threat main event also featuring Kurt Angle. Mr Kennedy introduced the three of them. This was short for a main event. Probably due to Kurt working with an injury. He took some severe bumps from Henry, and there was a particular time when we all thought he was genuinely injured.... we now know he was :( After the match, Rey and Kurt hugged and showed each other the respect that they usually talk about. A nice moment. Then Rey (in the ring by himself) got an Eddie sign from ringside and paraded around the ring with it. He laid the signs in the centre of the ring and placed the World Title beneath them. Then Eddie's 'Viva La Raza' music started playing... talk about a throatlumper.... Rey then spent what must have been thirty minutes going round all the fans at ringside. Eddie's music was still playing. It was a nice touch and a good way to end the show.

Smackdown was missing Taker, Orton, Batista and The Boogeyman but the remaining guys (& gals) but on a great show. If asked to pick a better show, I dont think I could.
    There are photos from each show on my Bebo page
    http://cookie-dough-619.bebo.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

nice report man, you never told me you had an "i heart maria" sign - nice touch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Would've loved to see that Finlay/Regal match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JBL cut a.... controversial (for lack of a better term) promo before the match. He trashed talked about Belfast & even mentioned the troubles saying 'you started a war with the Republic Of Ireland and got your ass kicked'.

Not sure what he meant by that. It would have made more sense if he'd said they started a war with the UK and got their asses kicked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    Would've loved to see that Finlay/Regal match
    I think we might get it in the Point in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The truth never gets in the way of a good JBL promo! Like when he said there were only 26 county's flags at the RDS, there actually were 32

• Advertisement
Advertisement