Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Alarms and Cental Locking?

Options
  • 30-04-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

Just a have a quick question about perhaps getting a car alarm. I will spell out the basics which may help.

The car has central locking which is operated by key only.(i.e NOT operated by a key fob).

The question I have is - can I get an alarm fitted that will also lock the doors by using the alarms key fob? (i.e do away with the key for locking the car etc.).

Just looking for something not too expensive either.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a cheaper option would be to get a remote central locking kit (Meta do a good one)

Comes with 2 fobs, look exactly like alarm fobs, but will just operate the central locking.

Cheaper than an alarm, otherwise practically any alarm will do what you want.

hpa-2b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You can get it done. Had it done but don't know how much it cost as I bought the car on the condition that the dealer had an alarm linked to the c/l installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The alarm should be connected to the central locking system and send the car the same signal as if you were turning the key. Most decent alarms and installers can do this.

Advertisement