Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Our cat Rosie passed away today. She had been throwing up more than usual over the past few weeks, so we took her to the vet today. They found a tumor in her throat, and said that even if they removed it, the operation would destroy her esophagus. So we made the decision to have her put down.

She was a 13 year old tuxedo Norwegian Forest cat. We got her when she was 3 months old. She wasn't a sweet cat - more of an old battle axe. But she protected the home and enjoyed talking to people, sitting next to them and getting pets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭yugimon121

through the years:
    Nancy, my Russian Dwarf hamster (attachment 1)
    Newt, My Crested Gecko (attachment 2)
    Biscuit and Rascal My 2 Kittens:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXWo2qcRBj0

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭almae

I am grieving for my beautiful boy Garfield, he suffered from Kidney Failure and was put to sleep yesterday. I held him and cuddled him as he went to sleep.
    The pure raw emotion that came out of me was unreal. I could not breathe , I was sobbing...I left our boy with the vet to get cremated. I had to explain to my 4 yr old that garfield was still with the vet as I cannot tell her until I can cope with it..
    I cried all yesterday evening , night and most of today. Little reminders like finding his hair set me off..
    even today i thought i was going to suffocate with the loss of him.
    He was a huge part of our lives and he was only 6..
    this is our boy.

2125861460102916097S200x200Q85.jpg

I found these things online today and I have ordered them to help us and as a memorial to him, they might be an idea for you too

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/...8/Resident.htm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=360192494299

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

My little angel died on Sunday after twelve of the best years and tons of memories..Like when I was on the computer
    one night and you were rumaging round and after a while i wondered where you were and I found you curled up in an old bowl
    shaped lampshade asleep and happy as can be....

Love you forever and ever XXX

33969.jpg

artieanna sorry for your loss. xx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hummed about posting this but I wanted a sort of family friend to be remembered. When the girlfriend and I moved into our house out the back of our house was a lovely grazing horse who my gf named "Nora".

As the years went by Nora became a regular fixture poking her head over the back wall when either of us were in the back garden and it particular when I was cutting the grass as she would always get some fresh cut grass.

So after a few years on her own Nora got a male companion :D and to watch them was brilliant. They actually were like an old married couple :P

Sadly, when I came home from work today Nora was on her side and her companion - who gf named Theo - was licking her but Nora was not moving and she was gone. :(

Now I know everyone who has posted on this thread has had beloved pets for years but I just felt our Nora deserved a little mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bm6001

just puy dow n my 15 year old lab My friend will not be forgotten. I will miss him .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 burgandy dawn

My beautiful doberman had to be put down yesterday and she was so young, only 3 years old. I feel so guilty, in that even though I adored her and she has a good life, had I known it would be so short, i would have ensured she saw so much more of the world...a cruel lesson R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I hate seeing new posts in this thread, so sorry for everyones recent losses :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

burgany dawn so sorry and i know the guilt u are feeling , I went thru this 2 weeks ago today , had to put our 6 yr old Persian to sleep.. it is very raw for you still .. take care and cry when u need too .. know that ur dog is running free on rainbow bridge..

bm6001, sorry for ur loss..

Keano ; poor nora...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 counterblast

Lost my Collie Sally after 15 years. Was the most intelligent dog I ever had. Fantastic pet and really missing her a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Such a sad thread but a lovely one at the same time, remembering all these treasured pets, thanks Junkyard for the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 lifeistooshort

Hi everyone

Saw Burgandy Dawns post. Its so sad to see such a young dog die for whatever reason

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Reeni

Lost my little pal Squeak, 2 and a half year old guinea pig. Wasn't expected at all and she was much loved. I miss her terribly.

DSC00004-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Yesterday we lost our little cavalier Eddie. He was only 4 years old and in perfect health but some virus (possibly parvo despite his injections be ing up to date) got a hold of him on Wednesday and the poor little guy passed away. We're just so shocked and numb :(

Eddie I will never forget you, you will be missed so much, RIP little man
    DSCF0254-1.jpg
    Eddie
    8/2/2006 - 21/8/2010

adser53, so so sorry about eddie...
    know that he is running free at rainbow bridge and will be there waiting for you..sending u hugs... i know all to well the pain , i am heading into my 4th week of losing a pet and it is devastating...
    hugs all to you ...

ps .. Beautiful dog , and those big blue eyes...xx

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

thanks almae, its just very hard not having him around :(

and I'm very sorry for your loss too, its so hard to come to terms with. I hope your all ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

After 15 and a half years I've had to say goodbye to Buster. He was a brave dog who was blinded in one eye after being beaten when younger by some scumbags. He was unwell for the past year but we felt he couldn't live with the illness any longer and had to be put to sleep. I was away for the weekend when it had to be done and returning home you can feel the loss. Dion the 2 year old springer/beagle has never looked so down.

1674643593_5cd114bdba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

adser53 wrote: »
    Yesterday we lost our little cavalier Eddie. He was only 4 years old and in perfect health but some virus (possibly parvo despite his injections be ing up to date) got a hold of him on Wednesday and the poor little guy passed away. We're just so shocked and numb :(

Eddie I will never forget you, you will be missed so much, RIP little man

Eddie
    8/2/2006 - 21/8/2010

Adser53 so sorry to hear about Eddie, what a sweet looking dog he was. Losing an elderly animal who has had a full, long life is hard enough but it always seems especially cruel when its a young, seemingly healthy animal.

RIP Eddie x

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

RIP Tabby 05/08/2009 - 22-05/2010

what a lovely little cat my litte 8 yr old boys first pet and he loved him so so much

he died tragically on the road he was sleeping near a tree at the front of the house when someone rolled over him with their car (horrible accident)
    never liked cats until my little boy got this one and he was so so much fun i loved him so much and its just heartbreaking to see my little child go through this pain of losing his first pet

does anyone know any books i could get to help him he really is so down with all this i dont know what to do to help him...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

RIP Tabby 05/08/2009 - 22-05/2010

what a lovely little cat my litte 8 yr old boys first pet and he loved him so so much

he died tragically on the road he was sleeping near a tree at the front of the house when someone rolled over him with their car (horrible accident)
    never liked cats until my little boy got this one and he was so so much fun i loved him so much and its just heartbreaking to see my little child go through this pain of losing his first pet

does anyone know any books i could get to help him he really is so down with all this i dont know what to do to help him...

Just talk to him. Let him ask the questions he no doubt wants to ask.

I was 10 when my first cat died. I wanted to know why my cat? Did he have any pain? all the normal questions a child will have when dealing with the loss of a loved one.

All you can do is give the best answers you can. You will both come through this and be a little bit stronger for it.

bubbles1978 , i was in the same position 4 weeks ago , when our cat had to be put to sleep due to kidney failure. i had a 4 year old girl and i explained everything to her . I didnt lie about anything as i didnt want her to blame anyone etc.

I then went onto a Brilliant website Rainbow Bridge and downlaoded the poem and read it to her. I also printed off a picture of how rainbow bridge would look like.This is the only time I used to help her to understand where he is gone and that he is ok and no longer sick..

In saying that its still killing me the fact he is gone ...

You will get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 eastinflatable

What a pity - still he had a long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My family pet Jinxie had to be put down yesterday and it broke mine and my wifes heart . .

He was only 5, but had heriditory gut problem for his life . . He was a house bunny and as such we spent all our time with him. He had the most amazing blue eyes I have ever seen . He was our first pet and has been with us since we lived together . . Feels like we lost a child or a piece of ourselves . .

He was a great pet, used to beg like a dog for food and would eat nearly anything he could get his paws on . . He would sit on the couch arm while the footie was on !! He always made us laugh and was always in good form and was the best company you could ask for.

Rest in Peace Buddy, we miss you already . .

Jinxie - May 2005 - 25 Aug 2010 . .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

So sorry to hear that about Jinxie, he looks like he's having great craic there in leppin' around, at least ya can look at videos like that fondly and find some kind of comfort.

I hate when an alert email for this thread pops up for me, it makes me so sad and brings back memories of when my dog died nearly a year ago. You never ever forget them, and I think of him everyday, but it does get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

We lost yet another cat about 4 weeks ago, Bill was his name, only had him for about 6 months but he was well looked after and was really settling in... he';s now in the "pet graveyard" we have... with Dolly, Hannibal and now Bill... his sister Sookie is still fine though and hopefully she'll stay that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Today I lost an old friend of mine.

Lucky was put to sleep today at age 13. I knew today was the day.

I've had him since he was a tiny puppy when I was 7 years old and he has seen me through my years of growing up.

I will miss him more than alot of things I have in life because he was always there, for almost as long as I can remember, he was always around, he was such a character. So many memories.

100_0980.jpg
    100_0972.jpg
    100_0977.jpg

Goodbye old buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

That's a great last picture, looks like he's walking off into the sunset. RIP Lucky.

that last picture is fab, looks like he is walking toward rainbow bridge.
    sending u all hugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Sadly another one of our cats has gone missing since Saturday... we're presuing the worst as she never goes far and ALWAYS comes home... RIP Sookie...

Advertisement