Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

My little cat Penny died this week, she was a stray that arrived at my front door 4 years ago and was with me since.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,865 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

58494_10150262547180307_1270089_n.jpg

Smirnoff was put to sleep about a half an hour ago. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Mars Bar wrote: »
    58494_10150262547180307_1270089_n.jpg

Smirnoff was put to sleep about a half an hour ago. :(
    That's terrible to hear. Beautiful little cat.
    Thoughts are with you....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sorry to hear that, Mars Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,865 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's terrible to hear. Beautiful little cat.
    Thoughts are with you....

She wasn't so beautiful in the end. She was very sick and as what tends to happen to white cats, her ears were very, very bad. Turns out she had bowel cancer and couldn't be bothered/in too much pain to clean herself so she was very black and yellow. She was very sunken in around the tummy and back legs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I just found this thread. This is my cat. Her name was Kitler, she was a stray that that wandered into my garden last year. She was a friendly cat and kind of clawed at you when i pet her for a bit. She always used to greet me by the back door in the mornings and when the winter creeped in she would stay in the hall as my mother was allergic to cats. In January, two other cats wandered into my garden and she got scared and started hanging by the front door near a busy road. Enevitably she was ran over and killed. I still miss her :o

7982931792_5112921564_n.jpg

7982921329_11a85fa415_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Today we had to call time on our 'little' rogue Cocker Spaniel due to serious illness. Rusty was 13 and his illness would be considered natural causes at that age.

He was lucky to get to this age 'cos being a very big and strong Spaniel with unreal energy levels and a temperamental character he was no stranger to fights and incidents with people, too.

With us he was just the greatest pet I ever knew.

Couple of pics, two in his prime (and one in his element) and one from last year with a grey snout.

Thanks Rusty, you were great and you will be dearly missed.

255706.jpg

255707.jpg

255708.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

It's taken me nearly two weeks to find the strength to post this, but I finally had to let Molly go on the 16th May, as her heart condition had finally got the better of her. I held her as she took her last breath and cuddled her as she left us forever.

I went to the vet today to get her remains, so now she will be with us forever.

I really miss my beautiful girl and the house is so quiet without her. Run free at the Bridge Molly, and know that I will always love you ♥♥♥

8883440566_a2d9ffc574.jpg

8883444158_5bd8ed9e58.jpg

While I've been in a sad place lately, I came across this image which gave me a little comfort and I thought I would share it with you.

8883360476_797c6992f3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭jimf

Mollywolly wrote: »
    It's taken me nearly two weeks to find the strength to post this, but I finally had to let Molly go on the 16th May, as her heart condition had finally got the better of her. I held her as she took her last breath and cuddled her as she left us forever.

I went to the vet today to get her remains, so now she will be with us forever.

I really miss my beautiful girl and the house is so quiet without her. Run free at the Bridge Molly, and know that I will always love you ♥♥♥

8883440566_a2d9ffc574.jpg

8883444158_5bd8ed9e58.jpg

so sad but your post says it all she most certainly was deeply loved we that can bury them at home with us are the lucky ones

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Sadly missed Pudding cat who disappeared a year ago.

http://youtu.be/xxyKmUJVh1w

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

We lost our poor Button on Wednesday.

No sign previously of anything wrong with her, was always full of beans and would eat you out of house and home. We came home from work on Tuesday and she was passing blood. Brought her to vets immediately and they carried out tests, scans, x-rays and decided they'd need to perform surgery to confirm if what they were seeing on x-rays was any worse.

Unfortunately they found our poor baby was full of tumours and at best they could send her home to us for 2 days on pain relief medicine. We made the agonising decision to keep her asleep. I didn't want our baby to suffer any more.

She was only 8 (which for a dog her size was very young).

I'll miss you, ya freak :D (inside family joke...)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

RIP Tubbs
    tubbsfinal1.jpg

I'm mobile so can't post a picture...
    But I can't believe it's been almost 6months since I lost my baby girl.
    I miss her so much. It just isn't fair that she went while I'm abroad, but I'm glad she's beyond all pain now. I miss her every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Poor Ted was knocked down on a busy road on Friday evening

242147.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Our 13 year old white fox terrier passed on friday, he had a great life and so did we with him, he went downhill very fast, we put him on heart and lung meds a month ago and he was doing really well until last week. Sad sad day.

Thanks to the wonderful vets in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Such a Lovely thread you have in here!

Our little 'kitten' who turned 16years of age only last week developed a blood clot and then an infection followed. Our local vet were just wonderful with her throughout her life. Her mom was a stray that we took in over 20years ago and she had a litter of 3kittens all of which we also kept, along with our trusted dog from my youth and another stray dog. Our parents had the patience of Saints with us and all these animals who'd follow us and just arrive on our door-step. We had dogs and cats inside & outside the house all out lives, until now :(

This little 'kitten' was our last pet but she lived a lovely; happy; spoilt life. The images taken are from my mobile, but the close-up one was from a video I took of her one morning. Each morning when I'd get up at 5:45am for work there she would be roaring at me until I'd say 'Good Morning' and she would just so all quiet and brush against my legs until she was fed. She would then just sit on a chair alongside me while I ate before heading out to work. That image is not the greatest, but the other of her in one of her little beds does her justice okay.

She will be missed our little 'Princess' - 16years is a long time for our little 'kitten' to be with us. I am sure she is still happy now though.

775DD47BE0194D66B161D929C5C403E4-0000359217-0003279617-00500L-A9584D128DE3458484239611C1B188E0.jpg
    D175554FCA6241FC802E924219A900D2-0000359217-0003279618-00500L-C6581D8722E34D4F8878ECC89431D724.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So very sorry for your loss Kerry4Sam, it is beyond heartbreaking when we lose our furry friends. It sounds a bit morbid, but this is my favourite thread in the whole forum as it's just so honest,emotional and genuine. It has made me cry on numerous occasions :o

Every single person who posts here "gets" what it's about to be a pet owner and the effect they have on our lives. It's heartwarming,heart melting and heartbreaking all at the same time. It's a whole different level of emotion that i am often "glad" i feel.
    wrote:
    This little 'kitten' was our last pet but she lived a lovely; happy; spoilt life.
    Princess was a stunner and you sound like such a caring person.She was one lucky "kitten".When you're ready you will open your heart to another furry friend...sometimes when you least expect it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭jimf

personally i think if you cant feel sadness at the passing of a pet you should not own them or should i say they own you in the first place especially cats they treat us as slaves i know mine do its a constant give me give me give me as i type he has discovered this evening we had cooked chicken and the verbals if translated to english would not be printable id say as he is being ignored

jimf wrote: »
    personally i think if you cant feel sadness at the passing of a pet you should not own them or should i say they own you in the first place especially cats they treat us as slaves i know mine do its a constant give me give me give me as i type he has discovered this evening we had cooked chicken and the verbals if translated to english would not be printable id say as he is being ignored

I have extra affinity for people when i know they own/like cats.

I've often bonded with complete strangers on a night out about "cats". The best,weirdest and funniest conversations ever!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

This is my dog Rusty who passed away on the 6th June at the grand age of 14. Lived through several tumours until the last one finally won the battle. Kindest dog ever and remember the drive home with him after buying him as he chewed my hair the whole way home like it was yesterday. He was such a party animal (no pun intended),that dog really loved seeing all the people and made sure he greated everyone. When he got lonely downstairs he would come upstairs straight to my room and just rest his head on my lap when I was studying.

I will never forget the evening of his death, he hadn't left his basket in over 4 days and kept starring at me balling my eyes out. A few hours before he passed he tried to get up out of his basket to come over to comfort me and what I believe, to say goodbye. I will never forget how great of a dog Rusty was and will always love him and his antenna ears so much, RIP little man.

Rusty049b.jpggraduation003_zps3113fe5f.jpg
    image1_zps02fdfb24.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

In memory of my Beautiful GIRL " Colleen"
    Passed 5th June 2013 aged 17yrs 2 months.

A true Princess, badly missed by all who met her.
    I am heartbroken without her
    She loved it when we went on our Doggie Holidays in Wicklow.
    If ever a Dog had a sense of Humour, she had:P

HerLadyship.jpg
    Superstar.jpg
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    P1010322A.jpg
    When we had three Westies from left Colleen RIP, Georgie and Sally RIP
    Sally passed 3 yrs ago aged 14yrs.............badly missed

Both our Girls are playing together in Doggie Heaven among all your beloved pets until the day we pass over and bring them over the Rainbow Bridge
    westie.gif
    westie.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

thats lovely; god I hope my two westies reach a ripe old age like that, they're such great dogs. my condolences to you and George - he must be lonely now. :(

thats lovely; god I hope my two westies reach a ripe old age like that, they're such great dogs. my condolences to you and George - he must be lonely now. :(

Thanks westies4ever :)

Poor little Georgie is very very quite,he's missing his two big sisters.
    We tried bringing him on different walks to change his routine and that seems to be improving his mood.

Also a big thank you to the OP for starting this thread a great way to share our feelings for our departed friends
    ColleenSally.jpg

Colleen driving Georgie to Doggie School.
    Colleen would often jump behind the steering wheel when I got out of the car and if I was taking my time coming back,
    she would press the horn, very funny Girl :P
    SchoolRun.jpg

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

So sorry for your loss, they're beautiful dogs. They become such a huge part of our lives and when they're gone we really notice. RIP Colleen and Sally. Big hugs to you and George ♥♥

Mollywolly wrote: »
    So sorry for your loss, they're beautiful dogs. They become such a huge part of our lives and when they're gone we really notice. RIP Colleen and Sally. Big hugs to you and George ♥♥

Thanks Mollywolly :)

Poor Colleen had a stroke about two weeks before she passed.

The main of a stroke in a Dog is that they cannot drink their water like they used, Colleen used to spill most of the water she tried to drink ovrer to the left side of her bowl onto the floor.

Just like when people have a stroke part of the face doesn't function as normal.

On her last day she had a enjoyable walk ( mostly carried ) but loved sniffing everything, she then had a great dinner and had a ssleep.

However when she woke up she was in such a distressed state, I knew it was her time.

We were in Greenane in Wicklow where we rented out a place that allowed for Dogs, we went twice a year for many happy years with memories that I will always treasure.

The Vet we brought her to lived in Glenealy on the top of a hill, she had her practice out the back of her home with Dogs, sheep , goats, horses and chickens, lovely setting.

The Vet Gillian was amazing and said Colleen was after having another stroke and would only get worse.

I don't think we could have picked a better place for her to go, she loved her Doggie holidays in Wicklow.

PS: this is a video I found while looking up stuff, it might help someone in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just back from the vets, Ginger, a 16 year old long haired cat has just boarded the stairway to moggy heaven :( We found him out the back garden years ago, tiny little ball of fur & was on the verge of being feral. We got him in time, & after a few days of coaxing him closer & closer, he eventually called our home his home. He's had a wheezy chest his whole life, the vet one thought he might have had a dose of cat flu when he was a kitten...so we never thought he'd last this long. He beat the odds though, until very recently.

He's been off his grub a few days now, lethargic & for one or two days last week was very wobbly & had no balance. Then yesterday, water retention made him balloon out & the difficult call was made. So today, the vet thinks he had a heart attack, & wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I stayed with him, & seen him on his way. Godspeed ginge'oh, you'll be missed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Didn't think I'd be posting in here...

Our boy max (regulars to the post a pic thread here will know him) took ill last week and we had to say our final goodbyes today :(

Godspeed buddy, see you at the rainbow bridge! :(:(:(

8653611438_5018772fd4_b.jpg

8381020090_007629d746_b.jpg

Our boy max

8653611438_5018772fd4_b.jpg

Awwww no way :(:(:( RIP Max. What happened? That is THE most beautiful photo ever and so apt.

• Advertisement

Didn't think I'd be posting in here...

Our boy max (regulars to the post a pic thread here will know him) took ill last week and we had to say our final goodbyes today :(

Sorry for your loss Homer, Max looks like a very chilled relaxed Dog.

You gave him a great life with some wonderful memories together.

Hope he's having a Ball up on the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP MAX

Advertisement