Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

We lost our dog Amber on Sunday. She was 15 and was my childhood dog. Can't believe she's gone - seeing her toys, bowls etc. is so difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

alroley wrote: »
    We lost our dog Amber on Sunday. She was 15 and was my childhood dog. Can't believe she's gone - seeing her toys, bowls etc. is so difficult.
    She was such a beautiful girl ,
    irs very hard to see their stuff around the house , we donated most of Joey’s stuff after we had him PTS , but reminders keep popping up , today I found a half chewed piece of timber he was chewing ,I think when we get his ashes back we will bury it with him and all his toys ,
    Its two weeks tomorrow since we lost our Joey and while it gets easier you do get flashes of grief now and then esp at night and in the morning when he used to greet you and rub him before bed ,
    Run Free Amber play with Joey at the Bridge .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Apologies if this sounds blunt but you need to get rid of those. Those constant reminders won't do you any good. The night Andy died we just put all that stuff out of sight and sorted it when we felt ready. I remember about an hour after he died walking into the kitchen and his food bowl staring at me and I nearly got sick straight into it.

A year today since we lost Dude. Time does make it easier, I can look back on fond memories and smile and laugh about all the antics he used to get up to but my heart still hurts without him. Even though we now have Moose, nothing can replace my Dude. I often think how much of a pity it is that he isn't still here to be with Moose, they would have been fantastic buddies.

Dude is such a lovely name ,I thought we could never replace our last golden but we did with Joey and now we are broken hearted again
    How long did ye wait before getting Moose ?

Tony H wrote: »
    She was such a beautiful girl ,
    irs very hard to see their stuff around the house , we donated most of Joey’s stuff after we had him PTS , but reminders keep popping up , today I found a half chewed piece of timber he was chewing ,I think when we get his ashes back we will bury it with him and all his toys ,
    Its two weeks tomorrow since we lost our Joey and while it gets easier you do get flashes of grief now and then esp at night and in the morning when he used to greet you and rub him before bed ,
    Run Free Amber play with Joey at the Bridge .

Sorry to hear about your Joey :(

You're not by any chance the same man with Joey the retriever that went to dog meet ups and walks around Munster about 8 years ago?

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your Joey :(

You're not by any chance the same man with Joey the retriever that went to dog meet ups and walks around Munster about 8 years ago?
    the topdog walks ?

the topdog walks ?

Yes! I used to go on them with my dogs - usually my maltese, Milo.

Yes! I used to go on them with my dogs - usually my maltese, Milo.

I remember you and Milo , they were great walks
    Joey used to love them ,
    He was a mad puppy and grew into a madder dog
    He was in great form up to the end of June then we discovered lumps on his throat and the vet told up ot was an aggressive Lymphoma
    He was treated with prednisone and it gave us another month with him which we took advantage of and spoiled him rotten , hows Milo doing ?

Joey a few weeks ago

I remember you and Milo , they were great walks
    Joey used to love them ,
    He was a mad puppy and grew into a madder dog
    He was in great form up to the end of June then we discovered lumps on his throat and the vet told up ot was an aggressive Lymphoma
    He was treated with prednisone and it gave us another month with him which we took advantage of and spoiled him rotten , hows Milo doing ?

Joey a few weeks ago
    Now those are the kind of nice memories that will stay with you always.

I just remember how gentle Joey was with Milo - he was such a sweet and beautiful dog. Those walks were great fun for both owners and dogs! Such great memories.
    Milo is great - he turned 8 back in May.

• Advertisement

I just remember how gentle Joey was with Milo - he was such a sweet and beautiful dog. Those walks were great fun for both owners and dogs! Such great memories.
    Milo is great - he turned 8 back in May.

Thanks for that he looks in great shape
    sorry to hear about your other dog , saw the other thread ,
    I was thinking of getting somthing similar for Joey in wood or stone to put over his ashes in the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

Devestated to be posting here but we had to put our budgie Ole to sleep this evening. He was 10 and a half which was a wonderful age. He's my husband's first ever pet so he's understandably heartbroken :(
    Sleep tight our Ole Gunnar. We love you more than you'll ever know. Thank you for being our best little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude is such a lovely name ,I thought we could never replace our last golden but we did with Joey and now we are broken hearted again
    How long did ye wait before getting Moose ?

We waited about 10-11 months. Moose wasn't exactly planned, it was more of an opportunity that I couldn't let pass and even though part of me feels it may be a bit too soon (myself and my family often catch ourselves starting to say "Dude" when talking about him etc) he really has helped fill a bit of the hole that was left after Dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

My beautiful loyal funny cuddly girl passed over to rainbow bridge this morning.
    She was my shadow, a rescue girl whom we rehabilitated to health. She gave us 7 years of happiness and joy. It wasn't an easy decision to make but it's the right one.
    Her paw prints will be forever in my heart.
    RIP Sally x.

La.de.da wrote: »
    My beautiful loyal funny cuddly girl passed over to rainbow bridge this morning.
    She was my shadow, a rescue girl whom we rehabilitated to health. She gave us 7 years of happiness and joy. It wasn't an easy decision to make but it's the right one.
    Her paw prints will be forever in my heart.
    RIP Sally x.

run free Sally
    so sorry for your loss .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

run free Sally
    so sorry for your loss .

Thank you. The guilt and sadness is overwhelming, never been through this before. She was one in a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Thank you. The guilt and sadness is overwhelming, never been through this before. She was one in a million.

You should feel no guilt.

You rescued her, brought her back to full health, gave her a wonderful life and gave her a HOME where she would be loved and adored.

The parting is the saddest part but those happy memories you enjoyed together will last forever.

Look after yourself

R.I.P. Little Girl

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

I understand how you might feel like you let her down but you absolutely should feel no guilt. You gave her 7 years of life and you will always have precious memories of that time.

you cant feel guilt , my Joey could have lived a few more weeks but it would have been for me NOT him ,
    Our furry friends are really good at hiding pain and its up to us to let them go with the least pain and most of all dignity,
    its the second time I had to have my dog PTS , and despite the doubts and pain it was and is the right thing to do ,
    my mother died from cancer and it was a long hard death and haunts me to this day ,
    At least in our society we can have our pets pass with dignity but we can’t do the same for ourselfs ,
    as it happened with our last golden boy the love and memories will last but the pain will fade for you
    again really sorry for your loss .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just to echo what others have said, it's an awful awful decision and guilt is unfortunately a part of it, but if you hadn't made the decision the guilt would be huge for leaving her suffer.

It's such a hard decision to make, but if your furry family member is suffering it's 100% the right one. The guilt will get less and you will know in your heart of hearts it was the right choice.

Keep hold of the happy memories and take care of yourself. It's an awful thing to have to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Woke up to a tragedy this morning. My mum's kitten sleeps in the garage at night. The window was tilted open and he got his little head stuck in the Gap and strangled himself. He was only 4-5 months old. Rip Tigger.

Woke up to a tragedy this morning. My mum's kitten sleeps in the garage at night. The window was tilted open and he got his little head stuck in the Gap and strangled himself. He was only 4-5 months old. Rip Tigger.

run free Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

Oh no, I'm so sorry.

The worst part is that he's still stuck there as I can't get him out. I rang my brother to help but he's of the opinion that there's no panic as the cat is already dead and he's at his in-laws at the minute for the weekly visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh that's awful, you have my sympathy. It won't be nice dealing with that situation.

We've got him free from the window now just to find a nice spot in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Cherry Blossom, I'm so sad to read this... that's horrible, I always hated those windows just for this reason. So many kittens have died this way...
    RIP, beautiful angel!

I have to say I never even considered the window could be a threat to the kitten, more the fool me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I have to say I never even considered the window could be a threat to the kitten, more the fool me :(
    A friend of mine in Germany lost an adult Bengal to one of those inward tilting windows, very dangerous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

So sorry Cherry Blossom that's a horrible shock. :(

Advertisement