Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Departed pets;

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My baby past away today, got hit by a car.

Her name was Bella and she was the most affectionate cat you'll ever find. I'm devastated and been crying throughout the day.

Every morning she would come to my bedroom window and pop in and say hello by giving my loads of kisses. I'm devastated that I wont have this bundle of joy every morning.

Her brother Jackie and sister Annie will deeply miss her.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Sleep well Bella. I'm sorry for your loss Headshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

@Headshot I'm so sorry. What a heartbreaking way to lose Bella. Life can be so unfair.

Sleep tight Bella. Such a beautiful kitty 🩷

• Registered Users Posts: 54,206 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I've always been a dog person but these 3 cats and especially Bella made me love cats.

It still feels like it hasn't happened and I'm just waiting for her to come home

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so sorry. Awful. It's real family grief. Go easy on yourself Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭sdp

She was a beauty. Sorry for your loss Headshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Today I’m remembering Snowy, who crossed the bridge exactly two years ago.

She came to me at about 8 weeks old back in 2006, when her mother brought her and her siblings into my garden. She was the smallest and most timid kitten. I slowly gained her trust and lured her out of the bushes with a toy mouse from a Felix kitten pack tied to a string. She wasn’t fond of solid food at first, so I spoon-fed her sitting on my lap until she got the hang of it. She grew into the sweetest, chirpiest cat and spent 15 years and 5 months with me. I kept and spayed/neutered her mum and siblings as well. She was the last remaining of them.

Her last year was hard. She had hyperthroidism and in spite of all our efforts it was difficult to control. She would only eat if I sat with her encouraging her like I did when she was little. I was hopeful that she had stabilised that December, but when she suddenly stopped eating and drinking completely the vet found a huge tumour on her lung. So I did the kindest and hardest thing and said goodbye to her on the Saturday before Christmas

I came home to an empty house and a large box of food from Zooplus waiting for her at the door. When I turned on the fibre optic tree she loved to sit under, I discovered that it had also gone over the bridge with her. The house just seemed so quiet.

The following April I remembered her in the census, along with her mother and siblings-and the two mischevious 7 months kittens who arrived to me the day before. This year they have taken to sitting under the tree as she did rather than trying to demolish it. One is still a little timid and all my years with Snowy has taught me how to help her feel safe and happy. She will always be in my heart. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Thought I'd share... I haven't posted in a while.

In October, I lost my beautiful boy Cosmo to a tumour on his liver, he was 11 and a half, it was a bit of a shock how quickly things happened between diagnosis and losing him, it was pretty much only 4 weeks.

I will never forget the wonderful vet who was with me on the day, I cried and cried, I told her how many wonderful things I had done with him, she replied "and this is another one of those wonderful things" - I let him go before he was truly going to suffer, he was on the brink of something bad happening, I suspect the tumour was on the verge of a rupture, as he took a turn the night before. On his last day, we managed to do all the things he loved and he got to enjoy all of it.

I'd post a picture of him, but I still find it hard to see his beautiful face and not cry about how much I miss him, even so many months on, even writing this I have tears flowing down my face. He changed my life, was the bookmark for the beginning of my "happy" life.

I have not been the same since I lost him, nothing has been the same.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heart breaking, so sorry to hear about your loss, it never leaves you.

I'm so sorry @VonVix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw VonVix, I'm so sorry and sad to hear about poor Cosmo. I've been on a similar journey as you before... the shock and desperate grief is so raw and so very real.

The pain of losing him is a testament to how great he was.

I suppose it gets a little easier as time goes on, or maybe you just learn to live with it. Take care of yourself.

Sleep easy Cosmo xxx 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Thanks guys, it's a strange experience... and then you get a little wooden box back. It's hard for me to wrap my head around. Part of me just wants to go and see him, get him, but I can't. You know they aren't going to live forever, you just don't expect it to happen when it happens.

I have only dreamt of him once since I lost him, he was asleep in his bed, and there was this little golden-coloured puppy running around him. Sounds daft. Gave me a small bit of comfort. Like maybe I'll see him again, a piece of his spirit may be found in a future family member.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Ah @VonVix when i saw the new post this morning from you, without even clicking into the thread my heart dropped, so sorry for your loss

So sorry for you loss @VonVix . It's so hard. He'll always be with you, in your heart and memories.

Take care of yourself.

Rest easy Cosmo x.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm so sorry @VonVix I know how special he was to you. Run free Cosmo and mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

So sorry VonVix , 🌈

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭dashoonage

We said goodbye to snr picky puppy today, mobility didn't get her in the end, she went down hill during the week and we found a tumour this morning and she went off peacefully..the vet and nurse were absolutely amazing. Everyone in the vets knew her so well over her long 15 years that many tears were shed today.

I'd like to thank the regulars here for all the advice over the years especially around her operations.

Run free Jessie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Tony H

Run free Jessie ,so sorry for your loss

I'm very sorry for your loss 😭

So sorry for your loss. Rest easy Jessie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I only seem to come on here anymore to update in this thread..

Truly the end of an era, we said goodbye to Peach today after 15 short years. No time can ever be enough with our fur babies. Her loss is huge. But at least she’s reunited with her brother Cream now.

Im so sorry. They are family and don't let any gobdaw tell you different

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw no, so sorry to hear this SM 😢

So sorry for your loss, sleep tight Peach. Take care of yourself Sillymangox 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

We put down our beautiful Patch today, after 10 years.

He got ill quickly, a clot to the heart spread and disabled one of his rear legs and was causing him immense pain and stress. (Saddle Thrombus)

It was so quick and sudden it absolutely broke us.

One of the hardest things I've had to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭orionm_73

Sleep well Patch.

Mind yourself CYE. Its a tough time for you all.

I'm so sorry you lost Patch so suddenly, they were a very lucky cat to have you by their side.. Rest easy Patch

So sorry for your loss, R.I.P Patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl SM and your handsome boy CYE.

Rest easy Peach and Patch. ❤️

• Advertisement

@SillyMangoX I'm so sorry you've had to say good bye to Peach. Such a familiar face in the post your pet pics over the years! You always showed what a fabulous life your kitties lived, they were so lucky to have you.

Sleep tight Peach.

Advertisement