Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Registering O2 upgrade to someone else

• 30-04-2006 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I've just got a new O2 speakeasy upgrade phone (Razr V3) and want to register online for the €90 call credit, but want to give the call credit to the missus instead (she uses it up a lot more quickly than I do :))

Is there anything to stop me doing that? I note they want the phone's IMEI number. Don't suppose they could use that to restrict the call credit upgrades to that particular phone could they?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no problem with that. you can give the credit to whoever you want. just enter their phone number and the new imei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I never knew that! My phone is getting dodgy so I might buy a new phone from o2 speakeasy upgrade which will give me a new number with about €80 credit I think, will I be able to put this on my old sim so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

i never knew this.has anyone tried it and were their any problems or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

no problem with that. you can give the credit to whoever you want. just enter their phone number and the new imei
    Sounds good! Have you actually done this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's no problem with it. You can register the credit to anyone elses account. The only downside (if you could call it that) is that as far as O2 is concerned they now have control over the phone on the network - i.e. they can report it stolen and have the IMEI blocked...

You can then use any O2 SIM in the handset :)

@Alun
    I've done it without issue.

• Advertisement

cormie wrote:
    I never knew that! My phone is getting dodgy so I might buy a new phone from o2 speakeasy upgrade which will give me a new number with about €80 credit I think, will I be able to put this on my old sim so?

an upgrade doesn't give you a new number. that's the idea of an upgrade. it comes with 90 credit (i think) and it goes on whatever number you want. the only conditions are that the number can't currently be getting free monthly credit and it can't have got an upgrade in the last three months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

OK I registered my upgrade on the O2 website, and the missus got her initial batch of call credit this morning. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you're already getting credit it will just stack onto the end of it Vimes. And it's 30 days, not 3 months as far as I know.

@Alun
    The O2 website should have a section under My Account for Free Credits where you can monitor it.

ciaranfo wrote:
    If you're already getting credit it will just stack onto the end of it Vimes. And it's 30 days, not 3 months as far as I know.

@Alun
    The O2 website should have a section under My Account for Free Credits where you can monitor it.

it does go on the end of it. you'll never get 20 in one month though, just 10 for longer. i'm fairly sure its 3 months. says it when you go to do an upgrade iirc

Advertisement