Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL having trouble with some sites eg Meteor.ie

• 30-04-2006 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭

hey, Im just wondering is anyone else having trouble logging into the meteor site or any other sites? I can get to www.meteor.ie fine but when i try to log in on any browser i try (IE, FF, Opera), i get a time out! but if i go to a CGI-Proxy site, i can get to it fine! i also tried tunneling software and that gets onto it fine too!

Im now thinking that it must be to do with NTL itself. I remember IBB had trouble last summer with getting on to Ebay and any other HTTPS sites due to trouble with one of their parent servers, so has anyone else had this trouble too with, either meteor site, or any other site using NTL? I've got the 1mb package in tallaght btw.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

yeah i can't get at the site either, seems to be firewalled so tracert/ping doesn't give info as to wheither its the ntl transparent proxies or some routing lark...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

yeah i can't get at the site either, seems to be firewalled so tracert/ping doesn't give info as to wheither its the ntl transparent proxies or some routing lark...

me too ! NTL acting a bit strange tonight !! lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i cant get into it either.Thats the only site thats happened to me on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

hm maybe coz eircom bought meteor and eircom are the competition so they've purposely blocked it to anger meteor customers and force them to move to the other non-eircom owned phone companies?

sorry, I've just been watchin too much Lost and been comin up with random theories! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

happening for me too and its very annoying because I cant use webtext so ive been using up precious credit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Try http://212.129.64.10 and see if that works ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I can get to the front page fine, but can't sign into mymeteor

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

It seems to work if you use the NTL proxy:
    dbln-cache-2.server.ntli.net:8080

Looks like it is a cache/dns problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

bk wrote:

Use this where? In Browser connection settings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could always try add matching ip / domain to your hosts file for meteor.ie while it's not showing ..

http://support.appliedi.net/article.aspx?id=11001&cNode=7B8G1K will give you more info on how.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Sometimes i can't log into meteor.ie either even though i can access the home page. (i'm on metro). I always assumed that it was something wrong on their end, cos it usually resolved itself within a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I often have problems logging into mymeteor.ie on NTL/ SMART and work broadband. But usually meteor.ie isok so I gues it is their site that has the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

wouldnt that not be a DNS issue

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

valor wrote:
    Use this where? In Browser connection settings?

Yes, I use a Proxy changer in Firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

bk wrote:

That worked for me - ie proxy settings

Advertisement