Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JR back for Backlash and Raw

• 30-04-2006 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

This has been reported on PWInsider:
    In a story broken this afternoon by the Wrestling Observer, Jim Ross will be the lead announcer calling the WWE Backlash PPV tonight and is expected to return to his old job as the lead announcer for Raw, replacing Joey Styles. As noted earlier this week in the PWInsider.com Elite section, the move back to Ross had been expected to happen by the time the ECW PPV took place this June.

I feel bad for Joey as I think Coach and the three man booth are the main problems with the commentary on Raw.

With that being said I'm delighted to see JR back after how he was treated by WWE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

styles is going to be calling ecw when it comes back!
    plus it makes since bring back JR after he has recovered from his operation!
    coach isnt the worst really. the king should be replaced ahead of coach, imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I never really took to Styles in WWE. His style isnt what WWE want. Listen to him call matches in ECW, and you will see that is his strong point - calling moves, not plugging stupid storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Makes sense I suppose. Styles was always going to be the man to commentate on the new ECW shows. Just a pity that they'll only be on the internet for some time. Joey is still the guy who WWE look to to announce on their shows in the long run though, I think

And the main problem with Raw's commentary is that Lawler agrees with Joey and holds no opinions of his own, which just clutters the talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Coach doesn't have anything worthwhile to contribute in my view. If you listen to the commentary sometimes he'll interrupt Styles and make this completely useless, inane comment that makes no sense.

I agree with the criticism of King. Listen to him now compared to the old Attitude days and it's quite a contrast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Have to agree with the general sentiments here. Styles is not the problem on RAW. Right now, there's no place for Jerry Lawler there. Coach is currently filling the role King used to fill and Lawler is just boring now.
    Being the slightly heelish colour commentator who would never question Vince suited him well. Now he seems neutered.

Problem right now is that there are too many on commentary. I liked the days of Michael Cole and King on Smack Down! but I wouldn't really like to lose Tazz there so it's hardly an ideal solution.
    Now what I could see is Tazz and Styles calling ECW when it comes back, JR and King calling RAW and Michael Cole and Coach calling Smack Down! (though I'd prefer to switch Coach and King but I don't see that happening).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

With that being said I'm delighted to see JR back after how he was treated by WWE.

What does that mean? How was he treated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He was basically fired as a commentator and then they had the 20 minute skit the next week where Vince pulled a load of stuff out of "JR"'s ass, while he was in hospital for colon surgery

Advertisement