Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camera Advice

• 30-04-2006 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a dv camcorder at the start of the summer and am wondering if anyone has any advice on whI should get.

It will be used for film production mostly and my budget will be around €600

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

bump?

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

For €600 , a canon xm1 from Ebay would be your best bet i'd say, this is a 3ccd prosumer camcorder,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

for £600 youe going to have to watch ebay like a hawk and try as trendkill go for a xm1 or any other 3ccd camcorder.

If your using it for film production, anything under a 3ccd is simply not worth it. And then there are numerous other factors after that.

Search ebay for sony vx2000, they can go for around 600-800 depending on how lucky you are, decent camera, used by alot of universities and film schools. If they are out of your price range, look for vx1000, they will defitnally within the 600 range, they're not the best choice but it can get the job done.

Advertisement