Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane - Spurs Player of the Year

• 30-04-2006 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭

Well done to the lad, he had a great 2nd half of the season after an inconspicuous start. For Ireland's sake, hopefully he'll kick on from here :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is that his 2nd with Spurs? I know he got one with Leeds and with Coventry and Wolves. Cant argue with fans choice of player of the year.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Hopefully he'll keep up the form and finally start to deliver on what he promises because so far in his career he's dissapointed more than he's dazzled. Btw, anybody who watched Spurs at all this season will know that their best player was by far Micheal Carrick who should be in the England team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Btw, anybody who watched Spurs at all this season will know that their best player was by far Micheal Carrick who should be in the England team.

have to disagree with this, keane has been by far the best player this season. once in the side consistently, he has led by example. carrick has had a few off games where he has been a shadow, though has been quality for the most part too.

Hopefully he'll keep up the form and finally start to deliver on what he promises because so far in his career he's dissapointed more than he's dazzled. Btw, anybody who watched Spurs at all this season will know that their best player was by far Micheal Carrick who should be in the England team.

Ehh Hello, been FANS player of the year at every club hes been at? How is that disappointing? Plays ****e for Ireland with ****e players around him, hes our only hope for a goal so Irish fans seem to think hes crap. Again FANS player of the year at every club hes been at.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think spurs have had 5 or 6 players that have been consistant for the season. which is good!
    defiantely keane and carrick, but would also add in robinson, king and dawson.
    i think jenas has improved immeasurably since he left newcastle. iw asnt convinced when he arrived, but hes turned into a great player in only a year.
    and i think for me buy of the season has got to be tainio.

when he is in the squad, we are awesome. i think he is our gerrard. he is all over the place, he is box to box, he tackles, he passes. and now all he needs to do is score, and its not as if he hasnt had any shots either. great player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fair play, thoroughly deserved. He's reaching the form and consistency that we have all hoped for, and if the Sweden game is anything to go by then he'll be Irelands key player for a few years yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Fair play to the lad , it tells a lot about a player when fans think that about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

could have easily been keane, carrick, dawson, king or robinson and with all of them still a fair bit of their peak, things look promising. Also casanova kid I fail to see how hes disapointed so far in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

KdjaC wrote:
    Again FANS player of the year at every club hes been at.
    kdjac

[cough] Inter Milan [/cough]

Big Ears wrote:
    [cough] Inter Milan [/cough]

Well the ones the fans actually seen him at.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Im not his biggest fan but this year he proved his worth. Even so I am suprised he got the player of the year, some excellent performers for SPurs throughout the year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well done Robbie. If Spurs are in the CL next season, he'll be the silver lining from my pov.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

eah congratulations to Keane all right. I think he is playing the best football of his career at the moment and fully deserves the recognition he is getting. He has always been popular with fans wherever he has played. Lets just hope he can bring this form to the Ireland team because we need him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Yeah fair play to him. Looks like he might even finish 3rd highest scorer in the Premiership this season (which is the highest any Irish player has ever finished in it iirc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he has had a brilliant season. good to see him do well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaC wrote:
    Is that his 2nd with Spurs?
    Third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Fair play to him and to get player of the year at a club whoo are looking likely to finish fourth can only be good for his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Great season for Robbie. Never seen him look so sharp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

he might of been the fans choice, but imo Dawson was their best player this year

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I think he has been one of the best players in the Premiership this season. Never mind Tottenham. Good to see him doing well after all the slagging we've given him over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He's still relatively young and I think he'll have a great few years at the top now. He's finally becoming the player we all knew he could be.

Fair play Robbie. Hopefully Duffer will get back on song soon too.

I think the main thing is he's starting to play more intelligently now, he has more sense of whats going on around him. He used to run himself into circles and often lose the ball when there was a player open he could easily pass to. Hes not doing that anymore and I think a large part of that is the influence of jol and also playing alongside defoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lemlin wrote:
    Fair play Robbie. Hopefully Duffer will get back on song soon too.
    That's not going to happen under Mourinho and I can't see Duff leaving Chelsea. It doesn't seem to affect his performances for Ireland but I just want to see him do himself justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eirebhoy wrote:
    That's not going to happen under Mourinho and I can't see Duff leaving Chelsea. It doesn't seem to affect his performances for Ireland but I just want to see him do himself justice.
    Unfortunatley I think your right there. He doesn't look like he'll leave, he seems happy there. But as you've said, his performances for Ireland don't seem to be affected. Would love to see him at Utd. though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

or the pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

T&#225 wrote: »
    or the pool
    As much as it pains me to say it, I actually wouldn't mind him going to Liverpool. As long as he was playing regularly I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i think for me buy of the season has got to be tainio.

when he is in the squad, we are awesome. i think he is our gerrard. he is all over the place, he is box to box, he tackles, he passes. and now all he needs to do is score, and its not as if he hasnt had any shots either. great player.

tainio is an ok player, he offers a bit going foward but not the finishing touch, though the goal against newcastle was nice. Under pressure he isnt the best and i think he will be gone in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

really?

i see a younger edgar davids there. not as skillful, but certainly has the engine and the tancity.
    and the goals will come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i like tainio, he's a good little player, gets himself about the pitch well. very tenacious player. nobody could be the player davids was, best dfencive midfielder ever imo

• Advertisement

I think Tainios a very handy player. I think he makes a few too many mistakes though to be considered in the same breath as a davids(in his prime) or a gerrard but he is underrated if anything. Definately a great addition to the squad.

p.s. Duffer to spurs in the summer?;)

Advertisement