Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Mourinho's Premiership Medal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

£10,000,000?!?!?!? that's bloody madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

woah... who would be insane enough to pay 10 million squids for a bloody medal? hmmm maybe the guys who won Euromillions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

probably 99% fake.

i'd certainly buy this considering i'd be buying an image of a ****ing chelsa crest.

some people gah :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Mental, if that's a real bid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

If indeed he did have the medal it would only take a few seconds to bang off a quick photo of it and use that.
    Doubt that when eBay staff get back to work on Tuesday or whenever it'll still be allowed stay on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol also, postal insurance is not offered, imagine it getting lost in the mail, and with An Post carrying it - if the winner is irish - you can be guarinteed to not see it in your hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Also just click on the link check out the hit counter at the bottom of the page then refresh in a few mins, its getting some serious hits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*bids* there goes my pocket money :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Looking at the bidders list, some are just outbidding themselves, and have 0 rating, one of the "bidders" even has a rating of -1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

the only people that could afford to pay that much are...well, chelsea :p

also felt it was a bit disrespectful of him to throw away the medal

edit: aren't bid snipers illegal on ebay...this auction links to one :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Abramovich is buying it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

That man is a complete a$$hole. It just goes to show his total lack of respect for anything. He is a glorified glory hunter.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Lex Luthor wrote:
    That man is a complete a$$hole. It just goes to show his total lack of respect for anything. He is a glorified glory hunter.

Totally agree with you on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

He has the cheek to charge 9.95 postage! For ten million id prob throw in the postage for free!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think its pretty obvious that people are bidding on this with no intentions of actually going through with the sale. No one could be crazy enough to pay that for a medal. Sure the winning medal from the 1966 World Cup didnt even get close to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

100% fake

surprised ebay havent taken it down yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Link seems to be down now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Lex Luthor wrote:

shows his respect for the chelsea fans.

Is a glorified glory hunter better than an ordinary glory hunter ? What glory do you think he's hunting exactly ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

byte wrote:
    Looking at the bidders list, some are just outbidding themselves, and have 0 rating, one of the "bidders" even has a rating of -1!
    they're not really outbidding themselves, you post you highest bid and ebay will increase you current bid as its bid against.

ie.
    my max bid is €200
    but the current bid is €20 with me winning
    now you bid €40 but it'll still show me leading with now a €40 bid
    and so on until someone bids past my max bid of €200
    which will then show them as the leading bidder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

It is fake, the guy who its supposed to be was on Sky Sports yesterday saying he would never sell it and that its obviously a fake on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I hate Jose as much as any non-Chelsea football fan but I fail to see why ye are giving out about him throwing his medal and blaszer into the crowd. I think it was a very generous gesture from him. He already has a premiership medal. This one was for the fans which was the statement I think he was making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bacchus wrote:
    I hate Jose as much as any non-Chelsea football fan but I fail to see why ye are giving out about him throwing his medal and blaszer into the crowd. I think it was a very generous gesture from him. He already has a premiership medal. This one was for the fans which was the statement I think he was making.

Just like everything else he does, it was done to rile somebody, in this case the fa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

eyerer wrote:
    the only people that could afford to pay that much are...well, chelsea :p
    Didn't Chelsea buy a squads worth of winners medal last year? And this year too for that matter!!

Fair play to Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

BaZmO* wrote:
    Didn't Chelsea buy a squads worth of winners medal last year? And this year too for that matter!!
    Zing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Bacchus wrote:
    I'm the same. He obviously felt he owed something to his supporters and out of all the attention grabbing things he has done, this is the most generous.

Or course, the devil Jose surely couldn't do a nice gesture? Its all only to grab the attention isn't it?:rolleyes:

iregk wrote:
    Or course, the devil Jose surely couldn't do a nice gesture? Its all only to grab the attention isn't it?:rolleyes:
    Ah c'mon. Everybody knows JM is an attention seeker. I thought what he done with the medal, and then with the second one, was pure class. But to say that there wasn't a slight hint of attention seeking is naive imo.

But having said that, I remember thinking it was odd when he won the CL with Porto and he took the medal from around his neck and just put it in his pocket. Maybe he just doesn't value medals and just sees them as glorified trinkets. Still class what he done on Saturday.

BaZmO* wrote:
    Ah c'mon. Everybody knows JM is an attention seeker. I thought what he done with the medal, and then with the second one, was pure class. But to say that there wasn't a slight hint of attention seeking is naive imo.

But having said that, I remember thinking it was odd when he won the CL with Porto and he took the medal from around his neck and just put it in his pocket. Maybe he just doesn't value medals and just sees them as glorified trinkets. Still class what he done on Saturday.

I don't think it was attention seeking at all. I don't think Jose himself is the attention seeker everyone likes to think he is. I think he is smart enough to use that persona in order to deflect attention away from the team. The problem is people fall for it time and time again. Chelsea play woeful, nobody talks about that everyone talks about what Jose said after the game. Perfect!

I thought it was class what he done and I'm glad that others (your good self namely) feel the same. I think his comment about medals gives you an insight into him: "I don't need the medal, I have 1 league winners medal already and thats all I need"

iregk wrote:
    I think he is smart enough to use that persona in order to deflect attention away from the team. The problem is people fall for it time and time again. Chelsea play woeful, nobody talks about that everyone talks about what Jose said after the game. Perfect!
    Yeah I agree. I've said that time and time again in other threads. It's something he's very good at.

iregk wrote:
    I don't think it was attention seeking at all. I don't think Jose himself is the attention seeker everyone likes to think he is
    So are we talking about Chelsea winning the title again or are we talking about Jose's medal?

• Advertisement

After the Porto game in the CL final he just walked off the pitch instead of joining in on the celebrations. This was during the height of rumor that he was off to Chelsea. Is this not attention-seeking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

After the Porto game in the CL final he just walked off the pitch instead of joining in on the celebrations. This was during the height of rumor that he was off to Chelsea. Is this not attention-seeking?

No, because he said he wanted to celebrate with his family, also he was after getting death threats towards him and his family from Porto fans because they knew he was going. Yeah its very attention-seeking worrying about your family

Big Nelly wrote:
    No, because he said he wanted to celebrate with his family, also he was after getting death threats towards him and his family from Porto fans because they knew he was going. Yeah its very attention-seeking worrying about your family
    Walking off in a huff like a child, barely acknowledging the team is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Walking off in a huff like a child, barely acknowledging the team is.

Did you watch the game/celebrations? he stayed with the team till they lifted the trophy and there was a few pics. The the team started to celebrate and he moved away and walked down the tunnel. No huff

I'd like to see that again because I seem to remember him look pretty disinterested, put his medal away and walk down the tunnel, which led to the media inquisition. It was like confirming he was in fact going to Chelsea.

The man was told that he would be killed after the game! Now im sorry, if someone said that to me, you bet your ass id be out of there pronto...
    BaZmO* wrote:
    So are we talking about Chelsea winning the title again or are we talking about Jose's medal?

Well the thread is called Jose's medal but I know what your getting at. I don't think it was done to get attention and all that. I honestly can't understand why people are so up in arms over it and why its caused all this debate. Me personally for the week in work we mentioned the medal once and since then we have been talking about the match and in particular Cole's pi$$ take of seemingly world class defender Rio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement