Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Summer

Options
  • 30-04-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I see May 1st is tomorrow which means Summer will be officially here. Seeing as tomorrow is a Bank Holiday though, with it being May Day, does that mean the college is closed? (I have to return some books)

Speaking of summer, anyone got any special plans? Going anywhere nice? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The library is open from 9 to 12 midnight tomorrow, but the issue desk closes at quarter to five, according the website.

I'm supposed to be going to Edinburgh, and I want to go to Istanbul for the KOC Open (debatey geek nerdiness) if I have any money.

However, this thread is far to premature. It's not summer until the exams end.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

elmyra wrote:
    The library is open from 9 to 12 midnight tomorrow, but the issue desk closes at quarter to five, according the website.

Good stuff. Thanks for that.
    elmyra wrote:
    I'm supposed to be going to Edinburgh, and I want to go to Istanbul for the KOC Open (debatey geek nerdiness) if I have any money.

However, this thread is far to premature. It's not summer until the exams end.

If it keeps pissing rain like it did today then it certainly won't be summer. I wonder if we'll ever get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Holy balls, I totally forgot it was a bank holiday tomorrow. Better leave studying until Tuesday then! :)

This time fortnight I'll be starting my job..... scary. Just gonna be working for the whole summer, watching loads of football in June (thanks lord for the World Cup!), no plans to go abroad at the moment but who knows. All I care about is earning the moolah for next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Woooh Canada in a month from today! i cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I would like to go somewhere, but it seems unlikely I will. Well, except a few trips to Roscommon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Pythia wrote:
    I would like to go somewhere, but it seems unlikely I will. Well, except a few trips to Roscommon!

hey dont knock it till uv tried it!!! :D

tintinr35 wrote:
    hey dont knock it till uv tried it!!! :D

I plan to! Might see you there!

wont see me for dust, im out of here on the 31st of may to new york for three months!!! enjoy tho....it will be an experiance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tintinr35 wrote:
    wont see me for dust, im out of here on the 31st of may to new york for three months!!! enjoy tho....it will be an experiance!!!

Is that the USIT thingamajig? My friends are doing that. I'll not have alot to do this summer. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Yeah a lot of my mates are going away on the j1 so I'm gonna be left all on my ownsome in Carlow. Plans are to work for the summer and perhaps go on a holiday somewhere..exciting stuff eh?

• Advertisement

hey scraggs do u knw a group of lads from carlow that are goin to NY

ya MNG it is the Usit thing alright....robbin bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Scraggs wrote:
    Yeah a lot of my mates are going away on the j1 so I'm gonna be left all on my ownsome in Carlow. Plans are to work for the summer and perhaps go on a holiday somewhere..exciting stuff eh?
    Yep :)

Any of ye plannin on doing the J1 next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

It's technically not Summer until the World Cup starts. FACT.

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!

oh get out ya **** get out now, ya better edit that post ya big ****in queen lover!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

SebtheBum wrote:

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!

Rooneyless! I really hope we do it, but won't without him. Really annoyed about it

tintinr35 wrote:
    oh get out ya **** get out now, ya better edit that post ya big ****in queen lover!

I don't particularly like the queen but will always support England :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Such a pity about Roooney and Owen isnt it ;)

/EDIT: damn P_larkin got in there before me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

23 and a bit days until my exams are over, and I can put my feet up for the 2 weeks until my internship starts... :D
    I'm probably gonna just sleep a lot and kill some brain cells with video games... I've already not touched my PS2 in over a week, and that's killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Scraggs wrote:
    Oh you are so going on the list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

23 and a bit days until my exams are over, and I can put my feet up for the 2 weeks until my internship starts... :D
    I'm probably gonna just sleep a lot and kill some brain cells with video games... I've already not touched my PS2 in over a week, and that's killing me!
    poor RK is suffering withdrawl symptoms :(

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:

:eek:

it's not only a pity, its a feckin disaster! you should support your neighbours (seeing as Ireland didn't make it). :cool:

p_larkin99 wrote:
    you should support your neighbours (seeing as Ireland didn't make it). :cool:

ya.....sure.....lets go with that,
    you come over here and take all our land rape our women and impose ur dirty sasanach language on us.....and now u want our support!!!

ah no only messin, will be supporting them no doubt!!

tintinr35 wrote:
    you come over here and take all our land rape our women and impose ur dirty sasanach language on us.....and now u want our support!!!

ah no only messin, will be supporting them no doubt!!

Should hope so too!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

DaveMcG wrote:
    poor RK is suffering withdrawl symptoms :(
    Damn right! When I watched Advent Children, I had to hold myself back from getting out the PS2 for a Final Fantasy X session! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ditto.
    [edit] except I only have my PC's, and no PS2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

tintinr35 wrote:
    !!

Dont forget stealing your potatoes........:)

Its funny cos Irish people all want England to loose but its always the england games that evryone watches over here. I suppose its cos everyone knows all the players,beckham etc.

I for one wont be watching the world cup as Il be in singapore and then on to Australia for a month-yay!and then most probably home for reapeats:(
    Am kinda scared bout heading to Australia cos its the first time Ive travelled by myself but its something ive always wanted to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I never watch English games like rugby or the premiership, feel sorry for the poor GAA folks:o Summer doesn't start till June the 2nd, when I finish my exams!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

SebtheBum wrote:

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!

That figures... we only get a summer one in four years anyhow.

Happy May Day Comrades!!!

(And fcek off if yiz don't wanna be me Comrade :D)

panda100 wrote:
    I for one wont be watching the world cup as Il be in singapore and then on to Australia for a month-yay!and then most probably home for reapeats:(
    Am kinda scared bout heading to Australia cos its the first time Ive travelled by myself but its something ive always wanted to do!

Are you just travelling on your own, or are you going on holidays on your own?
    Sounds interesting anyway. Much better than working in an accouting firm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

SebtheBum wrote:

COME ON, ENGLAND!!!

Like Enda said, summer once eveyr four years Seb? :rolleyes: Hate soccer anyway, it bores me only slightly less than the gaa's version of rugby.

Summer starts on June 2nd. That is the day I finish exams and get more drunk than I've been in eighteen months! :D

Advertisement