Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age limits?

Options
  • 30-04-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

What are the ages lowest to highest of Students in CTYI?

At what age will a kid be "selected"?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well there are two levels of CTYI, Junior CTYI which is for kids from 6-13 and Senior CTYI which is for kids aged 12-17.

They'll be accepted in as long as they a)pass whatever test they have to take to get in and b)are within the age limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's 13-16, not 12-17. 12 years olds can get in under certain circumstances, 17 years olds can come back under certain circumstances. It isn't the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Im interested in the youngest age, thanks for replies.

What is the term year for the youngest kids?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Younger students are divided up into 6-7-year-olds and 8-12-year-olds.

Classes run for both these age groups on Saturdays during the year (usually October-December and late January-April-ish) and there are week-long courses during the summer as well.

Hope that helps. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

claire h wrote:
    Y

Hope that helps. :)

It does indeed, thank you.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Also I think they brought in a thing on Wednesdays after school for 6-12 years olds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Do you have to apply for CTYI or are they "selected" as Kdjac said?
    I never heard of CTYI until last year when somebody said they went to nerd camp and did I ever go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You apply. Afaik schools get sent out literature, my primary school headmaster was the one who mentioned CTYI to my parents, and their was a letter from CTYI stuck up on the noticeboard of my secondary for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

I never heard of CTYI until last year when somebody said they went to nerd camp and did I ever go.

That could be taken badly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

By me or CTYI'ers? :)

• Advertisement

Both, you'd give us a bad name Tar :P

Usually it's schools that promote CTYI to people, but for me it was because my sister saw a psychologist who reccomended it to my parents and they sent me along to do it too.

You wouldn't want somebody as condescending and as sure of themselves as me, all right. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Well you hang out around the central bank so you are obviously a conformist to the most prevalent minorities. As for being condescending and self-assured, and obviously taking pride in it, you sound like a lot of people to walk through the doors of CG20. Who was it who asked you if you came here?

Just come over to the Central bank. I'm ususally there most of the day. Bring Piste or no deal.

Just come over to the Central bank. I'm ususally there most of the day. Bring Piste or no deal.

Ye'what!

The problem lies in the discernment. Distinguishing meaningful utterances from nonsense is not a trivial task. Confronted with a lengthy text in an unknown script, how does one determine whether those characters in fact contained a meaningful text, or were simply set using the equivalent of printer's pi or a lorem ipsum style text?

Wrong thread presumest I.

The problem lies in the discernment. Distinguishing meaningful utterances from nonsense is not a trivial task. Confronted with a lengthy text in an unknown script, how does one determine whether those characters in fact contained a meaningful text, or were simply set using the equivalent of printer's pi or a lorem ipsum style text?

I heard it works if you read it upside down while singing "Ninety Nine Red Balloons" backwards.

And as for bringing me to the central bank...well buy me dinner first or it's no deal ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tar stop chatting up underagers.....again. Piste, behave.

wow, its really easy to fall back into old modding habits :P

&#231 wrote: »
    It's really easy to fall back into old habits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Well you hang out around the central bank so you are obviously a conformist to the most prevalent minorities. As for being condescending and self-assured, and obviously taking pride in it, you sound like a lot of people to walk through the doors of CG20. Who was it who asked you if you came here?
    sorry but wtf?

&#231 wrote: »

But I#m a lesbian, how could I resist the hot piece of ass that is Tar?

i am so like -_- right now.

There is no resisting.

Advertisement