Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the whole world going Emo?

• 30-04-2006 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

It seems everyone now is turning into Emos nowadays and its just so stupid I think. Suddenly everyone has the badly dyed floppy fringes and too many chains. I realy don't get it but I suppose some people have to rebel by conforming...

And what is "Emo" music? I've heard different people tell me Fall Out Boy, HIM, Trivium and Aiden are all Emo but these are all completely different types of music. Fall Out Boy are punk and HIM is a sort of goth-metal. Trivium and Aiden are sort of Metal too.

'Tis weird....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There are loads of threads about emo round here, so check them. All those bands are emo, and it's as much a fad as any of the goth crap ever was, so ignore it, they're not harming you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

HQvhs wrote:
    Fall Out Boy are punk

They are in their non-existant balls!!!

They fùcking wish they where the ****e whiney Cùnts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

if people like these bands then leave them like them. if they want to dress in certain ways then let them! i know where you are coming from, i dont liek the people who are doing it to follow a phad but if they want to do it for themselves then let them like. like myself alot of people call me emo cos i love HIM! and other bands. but the fact is that i love sports too! so it gets annoying when people call me emo.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

emo doesn't bother me much (you can argue deftones and the like are emo too). i'd rather have the kids listen to HIM then britney. it'll give them an avenue to great music much like korn did for people like me back in the day.

if you dislike emo steer well clear of myspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

since when do you like somewhat passable music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

since when do you like somewhat passable music?
    burn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

what the hell is emo? If its emotional, isnt all music emotional?

I thought the whole chain thing had faded out by now, it was huge a few years back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

emo doesn't bother me much (you can argue deftones and the like are emo too). i'd rather have the kids listen to HIM then britney. it'll give them an avenue to great music much like korn did for people like me back in the day.

if you dislike emo steer well clear of myspace
    How dare you compare The deftones to emo Lol, Seriously though ever genre is getting more emofied atm, from indie rock to goth to metal to pop.

I personally hate all that **** but hell as project mahem said is listening to him not better than listening to briten? Hell i know which one id pick, through him at least they may get into much(IMO) better music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

The only ones who are "rebelling", are the ones who are spending their time criticising a fad they profess to have no interest in. Distancing oneself from 'emo' seems to be the kids' new way of trying to be an Individual™.
    Personally it doesn't bother me if someone I see in town wears chains or has a highly stylised haircut or tight jeans. Why would it bother you?

Oh wait....this thread is about music?

Cannibal Corpse are emo. Beethoven was emo. Jimi Hendrix was emo. Steve Vai is emo. Opeth are very emo. Thus shall I abuse the word over and over again until people stop ever bothering with it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

ATTENTION PLEASE: Historically, this kind of thread has started off as **** and only gotten worse, leading to flaming and the inevitable bannings which will follow as people here don't seem to have the ability to discuss this particular topic without getting into bouts of my-band-is-better-than-your-band circular arguements and then the name calling and bitchslapping begins. I don't see this thread going anywhere, other than the pointless "this band are not punk" bull**** or "that band suck" nonsense and the timeless nugget "they're not emo you ****" which has been done to death here. Indeed, that seems to be all this thread is full of already. Enough of this bull****, says I. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement