Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No. of Students in Galway

Options
  • 30-04-2006 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Wondering if someone out there can help me. I need to know the number of students in third level education in Galway. Or even if someone knows where I can find out where to get it. I think the figures is about 20,000, but not sure. Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

you should wait til Census reveals that information, or do they even release these types of infomation?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Ya tried there first, didnt see that information clearly, not sure if they display it that way. Anyways that would be 2002 info, think I saw somwhere on the website that information wont be published for 3months after its taken! I dont have that time. Thanks for that suggestion though!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

For a rough estimate you could check the number of students enrolled in NUIG and GMIT (from their websites?), and add the totals together??

Rough estimate, "but better than nout" (as they say in Corrie).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Over 15000 in NUIG and almost 9000 in GMIT.
    A few years ago it was around 20000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

ask someone at bebo ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭streaker

You should try contacting admissions in NUIG and GMIT to find out

Advertisement