Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extreme hardcore heavy metal???

• 30-04-2006 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

someone drop the names of the most earshattering heaviest rock they can

slipknot are 2 weak so are korn ,rob zombie, mettalica and rammstein(these are the only ive listened too im a converting hiphop fan!)

drop them like they rock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Necrophagist probably, Arsebreed deserve a mention also, Napalm Death also have some pretty darn heavy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

children of bodom - oops i did it again

if that doesn't work, nothing will!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Try Pantera's Revinventing the Steel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Nice to see a converter. :) If you want breathtakingly heavy, go for real death metal: Carcass, Cryptopsy, Necrophagist, Napalm Death,

Dont think he wants to jump right into the "deep end" while hes still learning to swim ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Sm0ke wrote:

slipknot are 2 weak so are korn ,rob zombie, mettalica and rammstein(these are the only ive listened too im a converting hiphop fan!)

drop them like they rock
    Nargaroth, Darkthrone, Ulver, Messugah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

MORBID ANGEL AND NILE, there pretty heavy, make slayer look like a bunch of pussies anyway, as mentioned above meshuggah are pretty heavy as are napalm death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sm0ke wrote:

I know this crowd are probably ancient, but has anyone heard of VOIVOD?

I used to run a record stall in Temple Bar in the mid 80's and a mate asked me to see if I could get any VOIVOD bootlegs as they were pretty unheard of.

Anyway, I sourced a tape for him, but before I gave it to him, I gave it a listen myself and the tape sounded like someone had put a mic in a Flymo lawn-mower, used it on a gravel driveway, amplified the sound, and sang along in a 'Napalm Death' club-style.

I thought it was a faulty recording, and let him have it for free, saying that it was probably a 4th/5th gen copy and hardly worth paying for. He came back later saying it was the best quality VOIVOD boot that he ever-heard - the band did actually sound like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Davei141 wrote:
    Try Pantera's Revinventing the Steel.

why does the riff in You Gotta Belong To It get so overlooked? Check out Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Try 'At The Gates'....Don't blame me if your ears bleed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Numina wrote:
    why does the riff in You Gotta Belong To It get so overlooked? Check out Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell"
    I'm not much into really heavy metal yet. But alot of people have been telling me to get that cd to be my first really heavy metal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Can't go wrong with Cowboys From Hell but I wouldn't consider it 'extreme'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You can rarely get heavier than Cryptopsy. Also try Morbid Angel, Carcass, Decapitated, Behemoth, Death, Myrkskog, Zyklon, Necrophagist, Obituary. Have fun. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I don't listen to much stuff that heavy. But try out Meshuggah anyway. And Strapping Young Lad if you want straight out anger music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I know this crowd are probably ancient, but has anyone heard of VOIVOD?

I used to run a record stall in Temple Bar in the mid 80's and a mate asked me to see if I could get any VOIVOD bootlegs as they were pretty unheard of.

Anyway, I sourced a tape for him, but before I gave it to him, I gave it a listen myself and the tape sounded like someone had put a mic in a Flymo lawn-mower, used it on a gravel driveway, amplified the sound, and sang along in a 'Napalm Death' club-style.

I thought it was a faulty recording, and let him have it for free, saying that it was probably a 4th/5th gen copy and hardly worth paying for. He came back later saying it was the best quality VOIVOD boot that he ever-heard - the band did actually sound like that!

The early Voivod stuff was pretty raw alright :D

Great, great band though. They cleaned up considerably in the early 90's, got very heavy again in the mid-late 90's and cleaned up again in the 2000's.

To the OP, check out some Obituary, there's a double cd containing the first two albums at a low price, Slowly We Rot and Cause Of Death. Coming from a hip-hop place you'll appreciate the groove these guys have and they're plenty heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Fear Factory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sunn O))) Flight of the Behemoth

Everything else is pop ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Nile, Meshuggah, Death...

Numina wrote:

I think the whole RITS album has been largely overlooked tbh. Seems to be a bit of resentment towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Definitely second Carcass, Meshuggah and Death, would also recommend The Dillinger Escape Plan and Pig Destroyer, very heavy but in a different way to the aforemented bands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Vomitorial Corpulence for me - what a great great band

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

1 band: Devourment :D Utter filth on a stick.

See also Mortician and the afore mentioned (well played to John2) Sunn0))) Flight of the Behemoth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

whoa

so much to listen but im gonna try them al till i find the ones i like most :)
    Obituary so far , really liking their stuff. Necrophagist have a crazy sound that im enjoying aswell

cyrptopsy are ****in evil! at the gates are real good aswell.

last week i was consistently bouncing to Biggie Smalls, now im bouncing to Napalm death.... strange is the mind lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Fair play to you for having an open mind trying something new.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

children of bodom - oops i did it again

if that doesn't work, nothing will!
    Lol that is brilliant. :D

Go for slayer and carcass man. Other bands suggested are great too.
    Good to see somebody go from the worst genre to the best imho. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Progen

westlife :D

sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Earth Crisis

Advertisement