Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extreme hardcore heavy metal???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Sepultura!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

nope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Heavy, you say?

Beneath the Massacre, Defloration, Lust of Decay, Deathspell Omega, Cryptopsy, Decrepit Birth, Vesania, Aeon, Despondency, Demilich, Gory Blister, !T.O.O.H.!, Necrophagist, Incantation, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic (I don't like them but you might), Man Must Die, The Shattering (on par with Necrophagist for technicality), Luciferion, Pavor, Lykathea Aflame, Deeds of Flesh, Severed Savior, Abigor (Channelling The Quintessence of Satan \m/).... this list could go on for a while, but if you want more just shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

i cant help but think that this guy is not converting and is basically trying to have a laugh or something but to add to the list id say "Strapping Young Lad"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

John2 wrote:
    Sunn O))) Flight of the Behemoth

Everything else is pop ;)

he just wants to listen to heavy music john, not sh!t his pants.....;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

killswitch wrote:
    i cant help but think that this guy is not converting and is basically trying to have a laugh or something but to add to the list id say "Strapping Young Lad"
    Blasphemy! i actually love the music it has me bouncing off the ****ing walls, i just cant sit still listening to it!(its mad strange cause i liked hiphop mainly for lyrical content but im the opposite with metal) also its a perfect for listening to in work as it keeps asholes away from me :P(no manager will approach me when i have evil Napalm death emanating from my ears!!! now dont be so pessimistic about me and let me branch out!
    John2 wrote:
    Sunn O))) Flight of the Behemoth

Everything else is pop ;)
    thats weird stuff man weird weird weird, unsettling. maybe one day i can rise to listening to this!

incantation and Psycroptic are ****in evvvviiiillll thanks whoever mentioned them!

one question: whats this whole death metal thing about, i know nothing except that someone told me people died from it/because of it or sum ****e?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sm0ke wrote:
    one question: whats this whole death metal thing about, i know nothing except that someone told me people died from it/because of it or sum ****e?

Just read this thread.

No clue how someone died from Death Metal though. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Nile and Suffocation are fairly heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

Just read this thread.

No clue how someone died from Death Metal though. :confused:

He's probably confusing Death metal with the Black metal murders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Nargaroth, Darkthrone, Ulver, Messugah

*sheds a tear*

You've done me proud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Oh and, I forgot.

Tormentor, Abbadon Incarnate, Pig Destroyer, Archgoat, Pungent Stench, Disgorge, Prostitute Disfigurement,Suffocation, Gorgasm,Cock and Ball Torture,Ancient Necropsy,Exhumed, Immolation, Hate Eternal,Decapitated,Amon Amarth,Jesu, Boris, Merzbow,Drudkh,1349,Mutilation, Gestapo666, Satanic Warmaster, Xasthur, Arckanum, Bestial Warlust, Bestial Mockery,Watain, Dissection, Beherit, Nortt, Absurd, Blut Aus Nord, Funeral Mist, Taake, Bilskirnir,Craft,Nachtfalke, Nattefrost, Nunslaughter, Svartsyn, Velvet Cacoon,Hell Militia,Wigrid,Beatrik,Katharsis, Vlad Tepes, Gorguts,Origin, Psycroptic, Pestilence, Bolt Thrower, Possessed, Spawn of Possession,Sodom, Terrorizer, Nuclear Assault, Sarcofago, Dark Angel, Repulsion, Destroyer 666, Mercyful Fate, Overkill, Morbid Saint, Morgoth, Incantation, Nocturnus, Exhorder, Vader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Beecher wrote:
    Pig Destroyer

I was goona say them :D

Absolutely animal band, Terrifyer is savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Aborted, dying fetus, deeds of flesh, suffocation, immolation, hate eternal, nile, kataklysm, incantation, disgorge, decapitated, behemoth etc.

Bear in mind that these are brutal death metal bands, bordering grindcore bands. I wouldn't rush into them too quickly as they might scare you off at first listen.

Judging by your current tastes (metallica, korn, slipknot) you have a bit of listening to do before you try the "really heavy" parts of metal. But I can safely say you're on the right road. Metallica were once my favourite band and Justice was once my favourite album.

Try some melodic death metal to start off. (Children of bodom, at the gates, scar symmetry, carcass-heartwork, inflames, dark tranquility)

Power metal is also a good place to start off if you like your vocals clean. (Iron maiden, blind guardian, or the awful dragonforce...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dragonforce own you... Besides, sounds like he's had no adjustment issues if he's already buncing along to Napalm Death and Obituary.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I know they've been mentioned a few times now but :
    AT THE GAAAATES!!
    Heavy as **** but real catchy also. Can't get enough of this band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

There's a lot of good bands listed in this thread, but some of them are relatively light compared to some of the heavier ones already listed. s far as "heaviest of the heavy" goes I'd recommend:
    Myrkskog (Death Machine is probably the heaviest album I've heard in my life)
    Disgorge (the Mexican one, not the ****ty American one)
    None So Vile-era Cryptopsy
    Sunn o)))
    Hate Eternal
    Pig Destroyer
    Obituary
    Nasum
    Iron Monkey
    Electric Wizard (very funky stoner doom - mercilessly heavy, but in a completely different way to the death metal bands. IM too)
    Eyehategod (well, sometimes. Sludge, similar-ish to the last two)
    Impaled
    Cephalic Carnage
    Aborted
    etc, etc.

As for recommending Darkthrone, all I can do is laugh. They might be heavy if they had mixed in a bassist at some point.

and for you:
    or the awful dragonforce...
    You get a <3 for speaking the truth from the rafters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

nosmo wrote:
    Myrkskog (Death Machine is probably the heaviest album I've heard in my life)

God yes. Death Machine is just the most savage, extreme piece of music you can get. Almost makes Merzbow seem tame. Almost, but not quite. Pity Superior Massacre wasn't all that superior, but just such a generic Death Metal affair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

you should be able to pick up the "best of" Pantera album re-inventing hell for fairly cheap. It's on sale in Virgin I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

try bloodthorns genocide album... very good ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

dont get the best of Pantera, just buy Vulgar Display of Power. ****ing amazing album.

but for really extreme bands, i forgot to mention Pig Destroyer. i dont like a lot of their stuff, but Terrifyer is fantastic. buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

nosmo wrote:
    Electric Wizard

\m/ YEAH! \m/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Again, I say Devourment - if anyone can give me something more bananas to listen to I'll be their friend :)

Mexican Disgorge - forgot about them :eek: Savage. Beneath The Massacre were mentioned elsewhere too I believe - I was stunned by them the first time I heard them. Incredible. Pig Destroyer: Frightening :)

Did I mention Devourment? :D

For the record: I really like Dragonforce for the supreme cheese and guitar w@nk factors - I know this may not be popular, but I care not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Check out pretty much anything by Vader. Excellent Polish death metal.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Try some Immortal!

Advertisement