Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM box issue

Options
  • 30-04-2006 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason my PM quota suddenly dropped to 300 when I logged on today. Had to empty the folders to send the few PMs I needed off. It's a bit awkward, it's useful to have a back log of PMs regarding bans etc etc.

Any idea why this happened? Afaik I'm still subscribed etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

were you subcribed and did the subscription run out ?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thaedydal wrote:
    were you subcribed and did the subscription run out ?
    This is what happened, most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's either (a) your subscription ran out (but I'm pretty sure it gets auto-renewed, in fact, I believe I'm paying twice at the moment for mine), or (b) on of the admins was updating your profile and unticked the Subscriber user group for you. You could check to see if you have the option of joining that user group again.

It happened to me when the SC forum opened, so I just PM'd Cloud and he fixed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

No they don't, and if he's been taken out of the subscriber user group, then he can't access the forum either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

No they don't, and if he's been taken out of the subscriber user group, then he can't access the forum either.

Uhm....I'm not a subscriber (yet....no credit card!!!) but when I was made mod my Inbox limit went from 150 to 300 :confused:

Uhm....I'm not a subscriber (yet....no credit card!!!) but when I was made mod my Inbox limit went from 150 to 300 :confused:
    Yeah, that sounds about right, Mods have a limit of 300. Subscribers have a limit of 3,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I can't access the forum. Do subscriptions automatically renew? It could have run out, I wasn't keeping a close eye on it or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Subs don't automatically renew ...

ciaranfo wrote:
    Subs don't automatically renew ...
    Yes they do.

I think it might depend on when you first subscribe, but mine automatically renews. I also discovered that if you change your type of subscription (i.e. from 3-month to yearly), the old one still renews every three months.

On the other hand, it seems that people who have been subscribed a lot longer don't have their subscriptions automatically renewed.

Why do I get the feeling I've said this somewhere before?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep... I susbscribed back when the paypal system was first put in place and mine didn't automatically renew.

The only way I found out was when I custom tagline vanished and my inbox size shrunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Hmm, just noticed that mine has expired as well. Will have to wait til payday but I'll re-subscribe then. Thinking about it, I must have been expired for ages...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It probably didn't renew nesf, look at the dates n subscriptions.
    At least you still have more than this pityful 150. :/
    Download as a text file is handy.

Resubbed. Seems to have solved the issue... :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How terribly embarressing. ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

hang your head in shame nesf!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

*sensationalises story and posts it in AH*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nesf
    for a price
    I can make this thread *disappear*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

How terribly embarressing. ;)
    Ordinarily, I high5 for the 'ass' in embarrassing, but you didn't put one in! I wonder if that game in spell czechs is still running.

I won the first one, the second one is there.
    :o

Stupid little finger, hit the right key, you ass.

Beruthiel wrote:
    nesf
    for a price
    I can make this thread *disappear*

Um. Do you take cheques or cash in brown envelopes?

Advertisement