Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody watching the snooker ?

Options
  • 01-05-2006 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Just in case you were wondering a cure for insomnia was invented tonight . It was on BBC and just finished , they decided to call it the World Snooker Final and it had to be the most boring television in years , just wondering if anyone else was unfortunate enough to see this snoozefest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i`d rather watch paint dry than watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Every other channel had somehow spontaneously tuned itself out of your television, had it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

No I chose to watch it just did'nt think it was going to be so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tonights game was poor, but I don't find snooker in general too bad at all.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is one of the greatest "sportsmen" alive, absolute genius when he's on top form.

PS - Don't want an argument over whether its a sport or not! Don't care!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i love snooker. Brilliant tactical game, takes a real skill to play, as well as endurance. I would love to be able to play. It's a gentlemans sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

feck the cushions - give me pillows

will be headline in some paper tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Actually it is , as well as Snorecer , they said it during the break tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I like snooker! well, it's not GREAT to watch, but it's infinitely better than golf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

snooker is involving if you have the intrest and patience for it, many dont but i couldnt sit and watch nil nil soccer draws every weekend (or scoring games for that matter) and many other sports, cricket etc.

To be fair while they arent bad players i dont think ebdon and dott's styles work well together sice they both tend to be strong safety and tactical players whereas the quicker more open play, break building style from the likes of ronnie, hendry, higgins even jimmy white etc is probably more enjoyable - i would fall into this group. Many people also find ebdons play boring because the ammount of time he takes for each shot and he can make even the simplest shots look difficult.

Dott ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I didn't watch it. Probably will watch the the second day's play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I found it entertaining , but then again I like all the aspects of snooker from the defensive tactical play to aggresive high scoring breaks . I love watching safety exchanges...........but they do send a lot of people to sleep .

I just love the game , but then I love all sport .

disclaimer:well most sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Love snooker..watched it but those two players would really put you to sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I love watching snooker, but admittedly last nights sessions weren't a good advertisement for snooker. If you had watched Marko Fu's near-comeback against Ebdon, that was top-quality snooker and really exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ahem... Snooker Forum... ahem...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Requires endurance, eh? Is that for the spectators, because they look as fit as some players.

I'm sure the late Bill Werbeniuk used do lots of endurance training.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yep, phenomenal endurance:
    The pace was so slow that the first session was curtailed to allow the players a break before the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Hardly anyone posts on the snooker board.
    Did anyone see on Friday when Ronnie had already won the frame and was clearing the table, he pulled out the rest for the pink, except it was facing the wrong way and he took the shot anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

One of my flat mate watches it...while studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

cant stand peter ebdon, far too slow and german. (boring and tactical)

bring back ronnie the rocket and mark williams. the brazil and holland of the snooker world.

this final is germany-v-greece.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmmm watching it at the moment... Dott's in great form, you can tell he's been putting in the hours.
    I don't know why people find it boring unless century breaks are being made... I like this back-and-forth tactical play, especially with both players under such pressure... knowing the frame could still go either way and that it's not likely to be in-the-bag in a single visit.
    Although with Dotts overall lead being what it is... it's not as tense a final as previous championships... so a bit boring in that respect.

Advertisement