Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what have yours eaten?

Options
  • 01-05-2006 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭

Once, left "alone" to mind my sisters 4 girls for the weekend, the 1 year old emerged from the living room with what looked like blue ink coming out of her mouth. Put my heart cross ways. It turned out to be chalk. I tried to wash out her mouth, but she kept drinking the water. :eek: Just as well these thingsd are non-toxic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

I'm always amazed by what they'll put in their mouths over and over again! My youngest seems to have a policy of if it's within reach it's fair game! She's recently discovered that dog biscuits though good for teething are not so tasty:o Onions are not nice! And tipping her bottle out onto the floor and licking it up can be a hairy experience!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I remember (about 20 years ago) my youngest sister (21 months old approx) ate my new pink lipstick and it appeared in streaks in her nappy over the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

OMG I am becoming stresses just reading these posts! Well I will try and be prepared for what's to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Tin foil. He bloody loves chewing tin foil. Good job he has no fillings yet:p . We had to stop using it because like all 1 year olds, if it is not in reach he will find it. I found him going through the bin once looking for some.

Ahh what they put in their mouths is nothing.. anyone had the experience of Lego up the nose yet???? My son did that when he was 3!!! Took ages to get it out:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My little brother had a serious love affair with coal........ and yes he is still wierd!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hmmm. We were having dinner with #5 (the brother's first, age 1.5) at Christmas, lasagne and some salad. All she wanted to eat was the pure coleslaw.
    Debracd wrote:
    Ahh what they put in their mouths is nothing.. anyone had the experience of Lego up the nose yet????
    Well, I put a ball of tinfoil off a chocolate sweet up my nose. Just as well my mother's friend was an A&E nurse.

In my experience the most difficult thing to get out of little noses is foam! So always be sure to keep the mattress protector on mattresses! God my kids will be carted off by social services if I keep posting what they've been up to :o

But I have 3 and they're all still in one piece! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A plastic tweezers might be useful in such circumstances. :o

You'd think wouldn't ya? But with foam it just picks away at it :mad: Temple street is your only man in those cases! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I spotted a large spider in the living room - ran & got a glass from the kitchen....came back to find my son where the spider used to be......he was sitting there chewing & no spider in sight - spider could not have run away in the 5secs I was gone....he must have....yuk..eaten it.....bleeuuugghhhh! :eek::(

EWwwwwwwwwwwww you win!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

My daughter managed a twenty pence piece once. Made for a beautiful x -ray.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dog food. Out of the dogs dish :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mine was eating a plum at about 16mnts next thing you knw the whole thing is gone and the MIL is on the phone a bit panicky - turned up in a nappy 3 days later. We'd gone through every nappy in those 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Nah - my siblings win.. hands down!

Sister - used to eat anything that crawled or moved in the back garden : worms, earwigs & spiders

Brother - shoved a marrowfat pea right up his nose in playschool. It sprouted!!!! Had to be removed under GA in Crumlin

Ok who can top that?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

My LO ate a daddy long legs!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

My two have never eaten anything bad as I recall (thankfully), however my son (2) seems to have a thing for toilet water lately. :( He usually takes the top off something in the bathroom and scoops up some water. I tell him that its dirty, disgusting! (make the faces etc). He thinks its funny :/
    Had to start locking the bathroom doors. And yes I do give him regular drinks! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

A friend of mine tells a story of how she found her toddler son in the garden with a satisfied look on his face, clutching half a slug...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Rovi wrote:
    A friend of mine tells a story of how she found her toddler son in the garden with a satisfied look on his face, clutching half a slug...
    Hmmm... talking to myself. What's that a sign of?

Anyhow, I told my friend that I'd mentioned her son's 'slug incident' here, and she informs me that he once told her that he didn't like snails because "they are too crunchy" :eek:

Apparently, her daughter once approached her making a sour face, said "Yucky!", and handed her the tail of the family goldfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ST*

Rovi wrote:
    Hmmm... talking to myself. What's that a sign of?

You have kids! ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hippo wrote:

My young fella did that - he was supposed to put it in the collection box at Mass. Whats worse was the hospital carpark was 1.20 and I only had a euro....

Poking through his output to make sure it passed through wasn't pleasant either...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Rovi wrote:

Anyhow, I told my friend that I'd mentioned her son's 'slug incident' here, and she informs me that he once told her that he didn't like snails because "they are too crunchy" :eek:

Apparently, her daughter once approached her making a sour face, said "Yucky!", and handed her the tail of the family goldfish.

:D lol..my son used to dig his nose and ewww he would say it's yummy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 froggy_7

Rovi wrote:

Yes, but cooked in a bit of butter, garlic and herbs, they are GORGEOUS! :D
    (take out of the shell first, though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EcologiKids

my cousin once ate a bumble bee that was dead on the floor..ewww!!

ds loves to eat shoes?????:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hippo wrote:

heh, I did the same with a 5p coin, ( the old big ones) when i was two....

turned out it got caught in my stomach, and now i have a nice scar across my chest.

I took a chewed up beetle out of my nine month olds mouth yesterday. Euwww... Im a bad mother, didnt notice her pick it up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

KatieK wrote:
    I took a chewed up beetle out of my nine month olds mouth yesterday. Euwww... Im a bad mother, didnt notice her pick it up :(

No you are not, we can't watch them 100% of the time we and they would go nuts.

• Advertisement

Cheers Thaedydal. Big guilt complex, keep seeing her trying to hack it up. Disgusting. Tho she was smiling and trying to eat her socks two minutes later.:)

Advertisement