Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what have yours eaten?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

""mmmm.. nice carrot mammy"

It was a chicken bone.... horror and disgust really kicked in when I realised we hadn't eaten chicken for 2 days... yep it had been fished out of the bin! Yuck.

I have also fished numerous coins, stones and even a safety pin (and the floor had just been swept) out of my little boys mouth... none have got any further than that (that I know of).

Hand the bad mother award over here KatieK!

P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is the school of tought that we all at one stage played out in the garden and ate worms and sucked stones and chewed on sticks and with the advent of antibacterial everything we could be denying out children the ick and germs needed to advance thier immune system.
    I am not saying that we should let them drink out of the toilet or that we should not take the bugs out of thier mouths or tell them not to eat things off the ground but they have to be allowed get thier hands dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

Pizza out of the bin is the most recent on DD's list of 'icky stuff I ate today'. I swear she was born without tastebuds because according to her it was 'nummynummy':rolleyes:

Deb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

:D Ah, all you can do is laugh. We all did the same things when we were kids, and we made it through. Keeps the (parent's) heart racing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Similar thread on AH at the mo. Some very funny stories - including my own, of eating goat poop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Debracd wrote:
    Pizza out of the bin is the most recent on DD's list of 'icky stuff I ate today'. I swear she was born without tastebuds because according to her it was 'nummynummy':rolleyes:
    Many students will confirm this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Crystalised ginger, he kept going back for more and eating a lump, then going hhhhheeeaghh like it was hot!
    I find ginger hot myself so he must have felt the burn too!
    oh and yesterday he was sitting on my lap watching me eat sushi when I turned away for a second and he was holding his nose and the wasabi was gone.....

Advertisement