Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Returning

• 01-05-2006 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm switching from UTV to BT (let's hope the billing is ok:o) and I have to send my modem back to UTV, I think, can I just send the actual modem back:
    adsl_zyx_P630Front.jpg

or do I have to send back the usb cable and everything else? Has anyone else switched providers and not had to send the modem back? What was the outcome of not sending it back?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

You have to send everything back or you get billed for the missing items , and not fairly either , I got billed for a USB cable at 27 euro !!

Took a while to get that sorted !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

No way!! Yikes!:eek:

So what's everything? I forget what they sent me, is it just the Modem and the USB cable? What did you do when they billed you €27 for the usb cable? I was hoping to keep that:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Hey,

Send back ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING as I did well over a year ago with eircoms equipment!!!

I even sent back the cable packaging!

UTV will bill you for everything missing.

uh oh... can anyone tell me exactly what came with Clicksilver 2 years ago?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I just discovered the USB and power cables in a box here the other day, so UTV didn't bill me. I was one of their longer serving customers though, having been with them since the much-missed 'hippy' days of DNA, so maybe they just let it go.

Following being messed around by Eircom including being left without any phone line at all for over 2 months, I'm now with Smart and so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Check the terms and conditions that apply to you they are available on the web site - You may have signed up before they started charging for the modem although that period did not last long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

just dont send it back and say you did if you argue enough on the phone and insist you sent it back they will have to give in and assume it was lost in the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

I switched from eircom to bt a couple of months ago, didnt send eircoms stuff back and havent heard anything.. Guess im just lazy. Cowboys anyway line rental is crazy with eircom anyhow..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Kristok wrote:
    just dont send it back and say you did if you argue enough on the phone and insist you sent it back they will have to give in and assume it was lost in the post.

That sort of post is actively encouraging theft - when you sign up for the contract you accept that the modem is essentially on loan - send it back as you are required to do.

We would all go bonkers on here if an isp attempted to steal from us.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Original package included:
    1 modem.
    1 RJ11 phone cable.
    1 USB cable.
    2 single filters.
    1 double filter.
    1 CDROM.

• Advertisement

Thank you:)

Advertisement