Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Based Customer Support / Helpdesk

• 01-05-2006 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent open source web based solution with some/as many as I can get of the following:-

Trouble tickets
    Helpdesk
    FAQ Manager
    Tracking/Reporting

Can anyone recommend a decent OS solution for this requirement? Basically I intend to setup a customer support portal for some sites and I'm looking for the right s/w to do it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

egroupware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Highway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

I spent some time checking out these (and others) but eventually came to the conclusion that there is no one product out there (free at least) which meets my needs at the mo. There are some which are going in the right direction, but none that hit the spot.

That leaves me with choosing a full retail product instead and for that I ended up coming down to a decision between kayako or supporttrio. I'll be evaluating both in the next few weeks but they cost around the same price anyway (couple of hundred euro max).

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Try cerberus helpdesk
    http://www.cerberusweb.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

request tracker is something that you should look at, its free to begin with and its well used/tested, and the latest verison has a incident report generator and RTFM plugins which are supposedly quite good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement