Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

N-Gage help needed ( HavoK look here ;) )

• 01-05-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

hehe ;)

GOt my N-Gage up and working ( original one) and am trying to put game on it at the mo. The problem is Nokia PC suite DOES recognise it when i click search phones but when im in the actual pc suite menu ( wherer you transfer musci etc) it comes up no phones connected... Does the N-Gage need a different type of PC suite? EDIT- Im connecting using bluetooth could this be a problem?

Also i Downloaded all the games. Ive downloaded BLZ installer too which installs the games on your phone or something. Anyway itsa nokia multimedia type file ( used on the pc suite) so the N-gage doesnt regognise it etc....

Any ideas? DO i have to get a different pc suite or application? HOw to change BLZ installer to afile format the ngage supports? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Oh yeah does anyone know where to get FExplorer too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

have u got a memory card reader? if so, use that to put the files on the mem card and install on the phone.

Fexplorer
    http://www.google.ie/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=FExplorer&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭N90user

Thanks Jammer ill check it out... yeah i have a mem card reader.... Been there done that... wont recognise the files....

When i try to save the FExplorer from the site tom my comp, it say open, save or cancel. And the symbol is the nokia pc suite one which wont work...

Got it sorted! Had to download PC suite again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The best way to transfer games is by Card Reader or to have the N-Gage hooked up to the PC by USB cable. It must take ages via bluetooth and also must be a bit of a hassle! Although that said before I had a card reader, I once transfered a game to my N-Gage via Infra-red - I had to manually use Fexplorer to transfer each little tiny bit of the game from inbox to system folder! Took over an hour at least...:o

And as for the BLZ installer its a regular sis file you install to the phone meory... only Red Faction and Sonic N were released in the packed BLZ format....the rest are in system folders but they are releasing some now in SIS format for easy installion for people who haven't a clue how to manually place them in the system folder :)

There is plenty life left in the N-Gage though, I got Civilisation and Warhammer 40K: Death in Glory beta recently and they are superb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

All the earlier games were realeased using blz.It took me ages to learn how to do the system folder manual way but now i understand it its so easy.
    My n-gage is kinda messed up though - it freezes but stays turns on sometimes and dosent take calls or texts but you can still play games etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ash h wrote:
    All the earlier games were realeased using blz.

Sonic N
    Tony Hawks Pro Skater
    Red Faction
    Tomb Raider

Were there anymore released then these in BLZ format? I actually find the blz format alot handier as I don't have to bother taking out my MMC and putting it in the card reader but they seemed to abandon it after a few months, after all the early releases as you said. Although at least with the QD you don't have to turn off the gage unlike the older model...

As I said before though I've seen Asphalt Urban GT, Civilisation, King of Fighters, Sega Rally and a few more released in SIS format - now anybody at all can install N-Gage games without having to bother with the hassle of placing system folders or even removing your mmc.

Advertisement