Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Umm...was anyone listening to 2fm this morning?

• 01-05-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Normally I wouldn't be caught dead, but I was channel hopping and came across Marty Whelan playing a selection of easy listening/80's craptastic standard fare of a bank holiday....that's not my issue though;

The guy sounded like he was talking into a broken microphone ALL morning!
    I mean you know when you see people putting a handkerchief up to the mouthpiece of a phone to disguise theri voice? Well he must have had a crisp bag and a duffle coat...f*cking dire, for upwards of 2 hours (maybe more)
    Does no-one monitor the quality output? Where the hell's the producer or someone with enough cop on to correct such a glaring technical hitch? Had this been on a news broadcast phone interview they would have termintaed the call due to line quality issues...it really was that bad.

Seriously, why are we paying for this amateur bedroom sound in this day and age?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Tune in the station properly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Yeah. I heard it too.
    Awful.:mad:
    And it wasn't a case of tuning properly,it was just really bad quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

You've made the assumption that people work in rte on a bank holiday, it's been at least a couple of weeks since their two week easter break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well done Parasite... spot on..... Any auld crap will do from RTE over any Bank Holiday period..... Record almost everything in advance....truncate the few live programmes...e.g. Morning ireland... 5-7 Live...turn on the remote control and let her run her guts out for the day.....If anything goes wrong....ah sure.... who'll notice...they 'll be all p****d anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

ah its great (well it was when he was good) hearing G.Ryan complaining about the state of the studio's and quality of equipment.

• Advertisement

Heh heh... Unfortunately its not the equipment, its the users...or ,on Public Holidays, lack of them.

RTE must take us all for a bunch of gobshoooites...

You don't seriously watch that prat Clarkson on Top Gear do you???

Sound far too sensible to listen to a long faced mug in permanent jeans
    workin the corporate system,and creamin the pickins????

i watch top gear. i dont watch it for jeremy clarkson. i watch it because i think its a brilliantly produced programme on cars.

i could never imagine RTÉ producing a programme anywhere near the quality of it (sorry, i love slating RTÉ).

ok, jeremy is a pain on occasion but sometimes his whit amuses me. he knows his stuff about cars which nobody can deny.

lets not get too off topic here!!!

Rooish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

On the chance that this was indeed pre-recorded (a possibilty no doubt), that would make it even more damning surely; what kind of QC does it show to let this amateur production out on the national airwaves?
    kc66 wrote:
    Tune in the station properly?

Yeah it's not a thermal valve wireless I'm using. RDS PLL tuners normally lock right on to a signal as strong as the 2FM one.

OT: Topgear rocks...what else would you have us watch on sundays at 8pm? You're a Star, maybe? Heartbeat?

No... I paint a square on the wall and watch it drying

• Advertisement

yeah DRIVE on RTÉ was much better then top gear could ever try and be

Il'l put it to ya this way... watchin a drip goin down the wall is a lot more stimulating than watching a drip on Top Gear....
    He did a thing for Discovery about going round the world in 24 hrs on scheduled airlines, and after 5 mins watching when he blagged his way into business class I (gave the long legs excuse used by all from 5'0" to 7'10")I genuinely had to restrain myself from sinking a Budweiser long neck into the back end of the tube.

I realise it must be me as apparently he is very popular:o :o:o

Sorry for going off topic....

ok - new topic needed - tv forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

FlutterinBantam>> Some people enjoy watching Top Gear. Get over it.

No more going off topic please!

Sorry.... I'm over it....

Advertisement