Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

127,000 miles on diesel

Options
  • 01-05-2006 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at an Opel Combo at the moment - I find them to be fairly handy vans with a good capacity and very car-like with it being based on the Corsa which in itself wasn't a bad car.

However the example I am looking at is a 2000, 1.7 Diesel with 127,000 miles on the clock...is that a bit much or do diesels regularly do this mileage and more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats 'only' 21,000 miles a year. Nothing for a diesel if its maintained correctly. ie regular changes of oil and filter, prolly should have had new glow plugs by now.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I would be more concerned about the service history on the van rather than just the mileage.

Diesels in general are very frugal so 127k on a 6 year old van is low but as I said it really depends on how it was maintained.

Also check when the timing belt was last changed (if it is belt driven), it should be changed around every 50k - 60k miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Thanks a million lads

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that 1.7 engine is as tough as old boots. just make sure everything else works!

Advertisement