Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet... Quick Question

• 01-05-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering im on wireless atm and wanted to know if i will have to get the phone line back in with eircom if i want to get magnet, as it seems there coming to my area this month...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

bumpity bump... do magnet install there own line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

No you need an eircom line, or Magnet will order one for you (and charge you so it's the same difference)

For the current 2Mb packages you continue to pay Eircom line rental (as per any other bitstream reseller) for 4 or 8Mb Magnet will unbundle the line but that requires them having equiptment in your exchange.

So what you get depends on their definition of 'coming to your area'

In any case you need to start with an Eircon line.
    Suggest you order it yourself rather than letting Magnet do it.
    No point in broadcasting to Eircom that you're going to defect.
    They may install faster if they think you might stay with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Ok i have the phone line its just not active... and they are coming here with everything this month they offered me the 2mb product six months ago but i went with IBB instead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

How well is IBB working?

Advertisement