Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Timing Belt: where to get it changed?

Options
  • 01-05-2006 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭

Hey
    what would be the best option to have timing belt changed on mk1 diesel mondeo, I can tell that any local mechanic I've spoken to doesnt fancy it and it's nearly due (last changed @ 66k, car now @ 120k so some might say overdue)

Am I better off going to Ford even though I'll get shafted on price? Also is it a good idea to get head gasket set done at same time whilst engine is stripped?

fanx!
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The engine block doesn't have to be stripped to do the timing belt so the headgasket is actually another job. As far as I know Ford main dealers will do the timing belt and guarantee the timing belt for the allowed mileage. The zetec engines don't have to replace the timing belt for 100k miles, not sure if this applies to diesels. Get a price from the main dealer first, it mightn't be as bad as you think considering guarantee's etc.

Advertisement