Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spider molting

Options
  • 01-05-2006 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

one of my spiders molted a few nights ago and i was there to see the hole thing it was amazing i had never seen it happen before i was so excited and i got my camera out and took lot of fotos some of wich are on my site www.thepetspider.com on the molting page this was truly amazing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Don't like spiders but must say, those photos are amazing :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

thanx gypsygirl it was amaizing to see it happen it took about 2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

My sister used to keep snakes, loved watching the Boa eat, saw it shedding a couple of times, truly amazing, she (Cleo the constrictor) would rub her mouth on the rock untill her skin started to peel and then wriggle out of it, sis had a 9ft long "discarded" skin hung on her wall, (quite the talking point) we have a photo of her 10mth (at the time) son watching a small cornsnake winding round a bottle on his highchair, I've got two tortoise, maybe not as active/interesting as your spiders but a lot less scary, I couldn't imaging handling a small spider let alone a big guy like yours, untill your post I didn't even realise spiders shed. Do you handle them? (stupid question, you obviously do) do they tickle your hand? have you ever been bitten by one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i dont handle my spiders for a number of reasons one yes i have been bitten not nice infact very painfull two the spiders dont like it and can get very stressed by it three most of the spiders i have move so fast that if they ran you wouldnt cacth them and four some of them are very toxic for example the indian one could put u in hospital if it bit you and also some spiders flick small hairs from thier body that will irratate your skin for days and if you dropped a spider it would die so with all these reason not to handle a spider why would you want to lol but to answer your question it is a really funny sensation when they walk on your hand not so funny when they sink two big fangs into it

Advertisement