Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB "free" banking

Options
  • 01-05-2006 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Greetings all,

What do ye all think of AIB's "free banking" offer? It doesn't seem great to me, compared to Permanent TSB's, which is pretty much no strings attached.

Damn you AIB, will ya not just do proper free banking?!??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i dont see any issue with it just do a few things every 3 months and your free banking dream comes true no min balance etc
    with Pernament TSB if you slip up they will murder you with the charges,they charge something like 3 times what AIB charge for a missed direct debit

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, it's surely better than offering nothing.

As I now use both Laser and Internet banking regularly, it's good for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

What about Ulster Bank?

I've just changed to them from AIB after 9 years.

They have free banking and gave me a laser card right away.

Someone please tell me they're not hiding around the corner with some big financial hatchet!? :(

Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 huntsman

Long story short...

The last straw was organising a Sterling transfer to a BOI account up north. I paid the 32 euro fee (P-TSB charge 50cent for this!) and AIB successfully lost my money. They eventually accepted responsibility and refunded the 32 euros but the transfer has yet to take place. It's now day 11. So much for 'next day processing'.

It's a choice of moving to P-TSB or Ulster Bank. Anyone suggest which is better or is it just a case that any bank is better than AIB?

Advertisement