Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Er..the what now?

Options
  • 01-05-2006 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

Have a few questions for you wise folk out there.
    Within the next 3 or 4 weeks, I'll be picking up my first car and etc. Only on a first provisional (which is on it's way to me), so bear with me.
    The car will be insured with one of the parents, and I'll be a named driver on it. Anywho, here's the questions:

1) What's the deal with buying a 2nd hand car, and driving it? Is there a grace period for tax/nct?
    2) Can I sort out a deal with the insurance company, then when I buy the car, ring them and have it insured straight away?
    3) Do all insurance companies allow you to pay via monthly installments? And if so, what's the interest rate?

Cheers in advance.

Ps. I would've checked this all myself, but I need to find out ASAP, and everything's shut today. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

1) If you buy a car without tax/NCT - there is an unofficial grace period of a couple of days for tax and as soon as they can give you a test date for the NCT. NCT is carried on from buyer to buyer, so if you buy a car with 2years NCT left, you dont have to get it re-NCT'd. Same goes for Tax - buy a car with tax and you dont need to get it taxed.
    2) Yup - ring them for a quote and then note down the number they give you.
    3) I know Quinn Direct do, and the interest isnt bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Ah excellent, thanks.

Advertisement