Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquariums

Options
  • 01-05-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Im thinking of buying a new tank, does anybody know of any websites in ireland that deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure if they deliver but they are quite cheap, especially compared to Dublin.
    Kilkenny Aquatics

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pwalsh

Thanks for that , just been in their shop they have some nice stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fuzzie Bear

I can deliver you an aquarium - to anywhere in Ireland and will try and match any good quote you get...

http://www.pet-bliss.com/acatalog/Fish.html or
    www.fishkeepingsupplies.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oshi

petshoponline.ie also deliver aquariums and fish!

Personally I wouldn't buy off petshoponline because they are importers of Dyed Fish into Ireland - fish that are injected with chemicals to change their colouring... which in my opinion is sick....

Read about it here :
    http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=513

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

But your link leads to a site that also sells live fish !! Just because they aren't dyed doesn't make it any more acceptable to be selling them mail order the way you do. You're simply acting as middle men if you don't have holding facilities so you can't claim that they are quarantined as reputable dealer quarantine fish AFTER they arrive from wholesalers.

PS Your also stocking parrot fish which many people find as equally distasteful as dyed fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oshi

Dont really know much about this dying of fish buisness??But it sounds awful. can the dye eventually pass out of the fishes body or what?? Do they dye goldfish too or is it just tropicals??

just been back to their site and it says:;

"All our fish is supplied by legal fish farms, with health certificates and good quality guarantee. We always quarantine our fish for at least 2 weeks after importing. We never sell sick or suspicious looking fish. We will always return your money if there is any death on arrival or sick fish. We also guarantee you stress free delivery in shortest time- the same day only."

If they are legal fish farms would they still allow the use of dye?
    maybe Im just being really naive here!

the comments above are blatant lies.
    I thought you had some sense arcadian.
    At pet-bliss we sell all properly quarantined fish that are imported from foreign countries & treated by the best fishkeepers in ireland (srylancans)
    Thats celonese to those who dont know.
    Is it the fact that we sell them a lot cheaper than any shop/ stockist that worries u
    Or is it the fact that know nothing at all about what we do that makes you talk s--t
    We dont stock ANY fish they are all transhipped from reputable sources.
    Now put that in your pipe & smoke it & if you want the horses mouth to talk speak to us directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭boroughmal

Its not illegal to sell dyed fish.
    just against almost every fishkeepers principles & ethics.
    If I started injecting dogs & cats to make them pink How would you feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 therocks

Not sure how this topic got so "heated" but as an outsider (and newbie as of today, boy what thread I chose to look at!!), maybe I can clarify a few comments to date?

FuzzieB -
    Perhaps a little calm is needed and a little less defensiveness?? It looks as if arcadian was replying directly to you, so your agressive tone is somewhat unexplainable, unless there is something more personal going on behind the scenes as you imply in your email that you've had dealings with Arcadian before? Arcadian was "coming to the horses mouth" so you should have replied to his/her comments without the attitude. It's certainly NOT a professional attitude and I, for one, would be put of having any dealings with your business if that's an insight into your character.

Boroghmall -
    You can't logically compare dyed fish (which you yourself state are not illegal) to dyed cats/dogs (which is illegal in EU - check instance in Germany last week where a pet dog was dyed in German colours for World Cup and the Police are investigating it).
    If you want to debate something, it would hold alot more credence with people, if it was more logical and structured.

On to other topics now. Hope calmer feelings are radiating themselves now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Personally i wouldnt buy from here http://www.fishkeepingsupplies.com/ or here http://www.pet-bliss.com/
    Their prices are crazy, all they ever do is shove their advertising down your throat. Stay away from these if you dont want to be robbed.

Wow Silver Knight - those are pretty strong reactions too ....

I think there seems to be alot of underlying currents here than what should be normally expected on a public board.

Not liking the tone of this thread - any moderators out there agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭kdevitt

wow, never realised the world of aquariums and fish keeping got so exciting and heated!

Anyway, I bought from fishkeepingsupplies.com and the initial service and backup service was excellent, prices were very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I bought a tank there two weeks ago from fishfx.net. I had to collect it myself in Dub Laoghaire - but their prices were AT LEAST 80 euros below what those websites are asking.

Yup bubbly, I know where you're coming from.#

I checked out those sites after all the "hoo-hah" here and they are actually very expensive compared to some shops located in Dublin.
    I know that some of them say contact us and we'll try and better the next best offer, but in reality, you'll just go somewhere else if they are that expensive to begin with!!
    What's the point in hassling a "bargain" online when you can go into a shop and get a cheaper price for same product straight away??????

I saw your post above about not liking the tone on this thread. Fact being, many people have been stung both online and offline by Irish petshops, either selling junk for top price, or over charging.

I don't see what the problem is with the "on a public forum" - people are entitled to their own opinion. There is one thing I cannot stand with retailers, and that is over charging. If I could get a Jewel Trigon 190 for 610 euros. Why is it 669 euros in one of the stores listed above. Another offline store selling one for a whopping 720 euros!!

you price yourselves out of business!

Yeah bubby - I guess when I talk about tone, I'm talking about the fact that you got your point across very well,clear and strong without resorting to what others did of snapping, cursing and acting childish ... but I guess for all we know they are very young!!??!! and different people DO act differently so not all points of view are as well put as yours:o

With regards to Kilkenny Aquatics. I haven't gone there myself, but my boyfriend did. They do Aqua El tanks etc. They aren't great looking tanks, however, this is reflected in the price. Again, comparing corner unit prices, you could get a tank and stand for @ 500, compare with a Jewel of similar size for 610 euros.

I wouldn' be too concerned about delivery - I am sure they could advise. Do you know anyone with a trailer? That was how I transported mine the other week from Dun Laoghaire.

With respect to the the guys above - Arcadian, the guys from petbliss and fish keeping supplies. Go easy on them - although there may appear to be a bit of a bitchin' session going on - they are all here posting on boards for a long time. Us long timers are well used to it. You will get used to it too! :)

In fairness, when I bought my faulty aquarium - they were all right!! They told me I should have gone with a Jewel. Too true, and it is only now I notice my errors! Jewel are well tried and tested. I would urge you guys to revise your prices. I visited your websites when I was looking to buy my aquarium - I skipped them - too expensive.

Now - y'all stop your bitching about Fish dyes and who said what to whom :)

Yeah bubby, guess I shouldn't be so surprised by different people's reactions to things!

I guess when I get more used to these board things, I'll become more blaise about snappy comments.

Ahhh the things to look forward to in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pwalsh

i went with petshoponline.ie after all thanks for the advice, im happy with their service and recomend them to anyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement