Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help required with a query

Options
  • 01-05-2006 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everybody,

I have a query which I hope someone may be able to assist me with. I have a (ahem) friend who did the pass irish oral examination and probably did enough to pass.. maybe. Anyway he has now decided for an easy life and so he will pass his exam he now wants to do foundation. Is this possible?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

you mean oral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Im sure it is, just take the foundation paper when you go into the exam center.. Though pass is just as easy as foundation..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Assuming you mean oral, then he didn't do pass oral. The oral exam is independant of level, they only take that into account later when they're adding up marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

but the foundation oral is different to ord and hon
    its structured and stuff

ask your guidance teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

He does realise that colleges don't recognise foundation Irish for matriculation doesn't he.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Garret wrote:
    but the foundation oral is different to ord and hon
    its structured and stuff

ask your guidance teacher
    Really? Never knew that, my bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

yeah foundation have a set list of questions i think, and they cant be asked anythign else than is on that list

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shamoan

oral, I do beg your pardon. Anyway thanks for the replies. I'll look into it further, nothing is set in stone at this stage.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

certain collges will not accept foundation level as haing irish. So be sure of where you stand before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

not 100% sure but not far off it but i think that ur friend cant go down, if he did the normal oral i think that means he cant go down to foundation, which is really stupid but sure its the irish way, ar*e-ways

• Advertisement
Advertisement