Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quanta+ alternative for KDE?

Options
  • 01-05-2006 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Quanta+ really is a great web-dev environment. It seems to have every feature I need/want, and then some.

But it's woefully unstable at times :(, crashing back to desktop without warning and so frequently at times that it's almost unusable (while at other times I could be using it for days without incident).

Any other KDE based web developers here? Want to recomend me some better software?

I've tried Bluefish and a few other things like that.. KATE is fine for working on a small site.. but, possibly because I've spoilt myself with Quanta, they seem very lacking by comparison.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

hmm.. looks like a useful link but doesn't really offer the alternatives I'm looking for.

I'll give Amaya a try maybe.

(my problem isn't finding a linux app to replace my windows software, Qunta is a linux app, I'm just looking for something a bit more stable.. while hopefully not compremising too much on features)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

NVU is supposed to be quite good, though I don't like any of them that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

TBH Quanta+ is pretty darn nifty, so I'd try a reinstall after making sure your os has the latest patches. Eclipse is probably overkill, and if quanta is gimping on your box eclipse could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea, it really is very nice. It'd be a shame to loose it.

Did the reinstall thing and so far so good (over about 30mins), hopefully that did the trick.

NVU just doesn't do it for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement