Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Outage

• 01-05-2006 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anyone else along with me suffering a totally banjaxed Clearwire service? i.e. none?

Or is it simply localised to my area, at around 2 today my connection went down and hasnt come back up. Calls to customer service have given me nothing apart from some irrate guy telling me I HAD to give them time, and they would TRY and fix it before they went home tonight.

I am on a back up system atm thats not clearwire (but extremely limited).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Clearwire is back now. Went down in Bray around that time also but has come back in the last 20 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Mine (in Swords) was dead, so I called tech support, 5 seconds wait, friendly person offering a call when it's back, so I say, no thanks, I try later. I did not even leave my number or anything.

So just now I get a phone call from them telling me that it's up again, please turn you modem off/on and we do appologize and thank you for your patience.

Obviously they took down my CallerId when I called because the call with tech support was 15 seconds.

Well it's back at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bbcus

Same here in Stillorgan, came back about 20 mins...I would like if Clearwire would let us know early in advance if they have any schedule breakdowns, or planned repairs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

same here it went down at about 2. it is back up now and working. htis is not the first time this happened to me i did get one month free because of it. if you ring them up saying that this is getting very much a problem they will give you a free month of clearwire they did or me.

they are becoming a big problem

they cant even run a proper service even irish broadband dont go offline like they though

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

mine went down too. In fairness, since having them (nearly a year) I cant remember any significant downtime (was down 2 times for about 5 mins AFAIR)
    working now at least..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Agreed Antodeco...For all their problems Clearwire do offer a very reliable web browsing service (notice I didnt call it broadband). I have only had 2 outages that I have noticed in 6 months and yesterday was the longest by far. Can't really knock them for reliability with that record. Everyone will have outages at some stage.

Advertisement