Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hire Purcahse Check

Options
  • 01-05-2006 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a car from a private seller tomorrow evening but I want to do a HP check to make sure there is nothing owed on the car. I can't seem to find a number for the company that do this. Can anyone help? Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Just found it in a search. No worries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

What are you getting? You can't keep us in suspense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Is there a period of time a car can be on hire purchase, eg upto 5 years or can it apply to any aged car? I was under the impression that a 2nd hand car bought with a "motor loan" didn't fall into this category as it was not a new vehicle that was financed in the beginning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Got a 03 Golf Highline, 1.6. Pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Is there a period of time a car can be on hire purchase, eg upto 5 years or can it apply to any aged car? I was under the impression that a 2nd hand car bought with a "motor loan" didn't fall into this category as it was not a new vehicle that was financed in the beginning

It depends on the loan you choose. You can definitely get a 2nd hand car on HP, but the term of the loan may be shorter as the finance company will want to ensure they have positive equity in the car in the event of the customer defaulting on payments. A "motor loan" is generally not secured, and is effectively just a personal loan - I suspect it is nothing more than just branding by the banks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement