Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

This thread has really gone to sh*t.

I'm sorry, but it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Agreed

ZAP71.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's exam time the good thinking goes on study the rest goes on boards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lock.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

that dancing lock rocks! :D

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote:
    that dancing lock rocks! :D
    No, it locks.
    You seem unfamiliar with the purpose of such locking equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Blowfish wrote:
    1'7$ n07 r34££¥ £337 µn£3$$ ¥0µ µ$3 $¥mb0£$ 7h47 4r3n'7 3v3n 0n 7h3 |{3¥b04rÐ!

|}3$1Ð3$, 1ƒ ¥0µ @|23 901|\|9 +0 Ð0 1+ |-|@|2Ð;(0|23, @+ £3@$+ |\/|@|{3 1+ @ |23@££¥ |23@££¥ £0|\|9 $3|\|+3|\|(3, $0 1+ £00|{$ £1|{3 ¥0µ @|23 $;1|\|9 $0|\/|3+|-|1|\|9 1|\|+3|23$+1|\|9 \X/|-|3|\| 1|\| |23@£1+¥ 1+'$ |\|0+

Attempting to read sh*te like this makes me glad I've only a matter of weeks left in the dump!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Back to the topic of the thread... still no love as of yet. I think that the women in UCD can't recognise a TRUE gent and a GENUINE a dimond in the rough, i.e. MEEEE, if it hit them in their stupid D4 faces! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Back to the topic of the thread... still no love as of yet. I think that the women in UCD can't recognise a TRUE gent and a GENUINE a dimond in the rough, i.e. MEEEE, if it hit them in their stupid D4 faces! :confused:
    Maybe thats coz you're going around hitting them:D

@Blowfish.. ok you're the master!

OT: Still no love maybe second yr will have better results!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Only unrequited love...*sigh*....*begins to sing Hunchback of Notre-Dame song*

The fact that you know the words to that song is probably indicative of why your love is unrequited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Scraggs wrote:
    @Blowfish.. ok you're the master!
    And thats why i'm still single:D.
    See? All of that 1337 was all an elaborate plan to get back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Last year I read an article by a UCD girl in one of the UCD papers bemoaning the fact that men had no sense of manners and never held open the door for her and how was she ever going to meet a nice guy........

now I always hold doors open for girls (well anyone really but I'm more concerned with girls at the moment!) and so far that tactic has gotten me nowhere and there are no visible results......

so therefore I have decided that from now on girls can open their own doors! Who's with me?!.....(or alternatively, who wants to change my mind! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

i open doors for anybody though its not returned as much as i often misguidedly expect. dont let it harden you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I clearly don't. My voice is my instrument, trumpets is t3h suxx0rz! ;):p

I take great exception to that. Anyone can sing. It takes a special talent to blow air through one side of a metal pipe and make music emanate from the other end!

As for love, I certainly haven't found the variety that abounds in mediocre american sitcoms or in Shakesperian settings. Real love is something more subtle and tempestuous. I try to refrain from using the word with all these implied ambiguities. Sometimes I will refrain from expresing my true feelings to another person for I fear that it may drive them away. I suspect that many of these people hide their feelings from me too. maybe we should all take the risk and be honest with about our emotions. Whatever happens can't be as bad as never knowing what could have been...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

TheVan wrote:
    Last year I read an article by a UCD girl in one of the UCD papers bemoaning the fact that men had no sense of manners and never held open the door for her and how was she ever going to meet a nice guy........

now I always hold doors open for girls (well anyone really but I'm more concerned with girls at the moment!) and so far that tactic has gotten me nowhere and there are no visible results......

so therefore I have decided that from now on girls can open their own doors! Who's with me?!.....(or alternatively, who wants to change my mind! :D )

I remember that article. She also said guys should stop slapping her on the bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ha ha ha ha ha... you're joking, right? You HAVE to be joking. Unless you're really sure that there's something there. In which case you'll probably have acted on it by then, rather than hanging around.

I'm sure everyone's been in the position where friends told the person you had a crush on for ages that you liked them, and obviously they didn't feel the same way. The sense of being pitied is crippling! And then you have the lingering paranoia that since you no longer like them like that, but the topic is far too awkward to broach, they still think you've got a thing for them. Sharing is BAD unless you're really willing and able to act on it.

I hold doors open for everyone, so when someone holds a door open for me I don't think anything of it, rather than they're being polite. However, one guy in Ag offered me his chair in the computer room when I didn't have one, and that was lovely. Doors are nothing these days, real chivalry contains an element of sacrifice. Like your cloak over a puddle - you're not going to be able to wear the cloak again until it's been laundered, therefore if it p!sses rain, you'll get soaked. But you do it anyway, because either the person is Queen Elizabeth and feels like a decapitation, or you're lovely.

Not a joke (as its not particularly funny!) but I wasn't serious if thats what you're asking! Hence the call to arms!

Its just good manners to open doors.

Please do it and spread the good manners. Oh and put the toilet seat the polite way whatever way that is. And smile.

See I can improve the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

TheVan wrote:
    Not a joke (as its not particularly funny!) but I wasn't serious if thats what you're asking! Hence the call to arms!

Please do it and spread the good manners. Oh and put the toilet seat the polite way whatever way that is. And smile.

the van u sound like the rose of tralee.....love and world peace is my goal;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

tintinr35 wrote:
    the van u sound like the rose of tralee.....love and world peace is my goal;)
    You're just bitter, I find it endearing:D

I find it nauseating, but then that might just have been when he mentioned the toilet seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Scraggs wrote:
    You're just bitter, I find it endearing:D

eh......no....im not

did i see u sitting up at the geog department earlier

TheVan wrote:

Sorry doll, the laughing was directed at Samos.

I 100% agree on the smiling thing, as anyone who read my post the other day in the rant thread will know.

Blush_01 wrote:
    Sorry doll, the laughing was directed at Samos.

I see.....

I get jokes!

You're so cute! *hug*

Blowfish - just read your £337 post and the sense of satisfaction having actually read and understood it is immense! Why bother?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Blush_01 wrote:
    You're so cute! *hug*

Blowfish - just read your £337 post and the sense of satisfaction having actually read and understood it is immense! Why bother?
    For God's sake, put him down. You don't know where he's been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

Love IN UCD? maybe. but love FOR UCD? Never!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

oh the controversy....... erm..... yeh...

Advertisement