Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ah cynical and bitter boardsies....it really is exam time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

you can smell the cynicism... smells like bacon...

giddi-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm not cynical! Not yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hey, I'm not cynical I'm an eternal optimist! [I was also kinda hopin for some of those X eyes meets Y across a Th. L stories]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Pah, optimists give me hives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Ditto. I'm not cynical at all, about love in UCD or anywhere else for that matter. I'm a cheesy old romantic at heart. :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pythia wrote:
    Never been near a UCDer before that.
    What about Sangre?
    Ah cynical and bitter boardsies....it really is exam time
    Heh, I noticed that up until exam time, the Woo-hoo/Anti-moan thread had more replies, then exam time crept in proper, and *BAM* the Bitch/Moan/Etc thread got more replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Pythia wrote:
    With the vice chair of my soc (I'm chair).
    Roffles yet again at the "Enda Kenny... he's a dreamboat" line...

What about Sangre?

He only wishes!
    Oh and he's banned for insulting me so he can't reply to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Thought I have found it, but turned out I hadn't.
    Then I thought again I have found it, but I hadn't - again.

After four years in UCD, I conclude, there is no love in UCD! UCD lads all mean breaking hearts people.
    :(
    Scraggs wrote:
    I remain hopeful though.

Hopeful. No. Me outta here soon. So no need to bother any more.
    Ah cynical and bitter boardsies....it really is exam time

Yes, I think you are very right here. Maybe it's the wrong time for this kind of thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Scraggs wrote:
    Hey, I'm not cynical I'm an eternal optimist! [I was also kinda hopin for some of those X eyes meets Y across a Th. L stories]

I had one of those 'across Th L' moments; as I said above, the drink put her off... I still regret it. Too late now to rectify the situation.

See, I'm only a clown cos I hurt...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I will find love in UCD. I promise.

Grimes wrote:
    I will find love in UCD. I promise.

Please make sure she knows about it!!!

Scraggs wrote:

Bleugh...just for you the story of how J (the one month wonder) and I met...

L&H Maidens Mace 2004....2nd round.....I am mid speech when I notice that the guy in 3rd prop is paying absolutely no attention to what I'm saying, I am pissed off....

Later...ten speakers sit around while the judges go away to do their thang....Mr. Rude 3rd prop strikes up a conversation with me.... we both get through the round...we take the same bus home (to different houses!!)..... he asks for my number but refuses to give me his....I revert back to thinking he's rude.

Next day....I kinda forget his existence. He comes over to talk to me outside Th L., we sit together in our History lecture and go on to lunch and something else after that....(can't remember, can't have been that great).

Next week...quarter finals.....we've been hanging out together all week. We both bomb out of the maidens....him on the monday, me on the tuesday. After my bombing out he asks me out, and bothers to give me his number.

Sometime around that December....we realise that we're actually the crappest couple ever and break up.

Presently: Bestest buds.

It's a crap story admittedly, but you did want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

She won't....... *it's tiny!!! SSSHHH!! I'm not supposed to tell*

boneless wrote:
    She won't....... *it's tiny!!! SSSHHH!! I'm not supposed to tell*

roffle, yea you can tell by the way he stands! ;)

Elmyra, thats kinda sweet.

Seems to me that these days with so many people on the net, meeting partners is just as likely to happen online as it is in college.

elmyra wrote:
    Bleugh...just for you the story of how J (the one month wonder) and I met...

L&H Maidens Mace 2004....2nd round.....I am mid speech when I notice that the guy in 3rd prop is paying absolutely no attention to what I'm saying, I am pissed off....

Later...ten speakers sit around while the judges go away to do their thang....Mr. Rude 3rd prop strikes up a conversation with me.... we both get through the round...we take the same bus home (to different houses!!)..... he asks for my number but refuses to give me his....I revert back to thinking he's rude.

Next day....I kinda forget his existence. He comes over to talk to me outside Th L., we sit together in our History lecture and go on to lunch and something else after that....(can't remember, can't have been that great).

Next week...quarter finals.....we've been hanging out together all week. We both bomb out of the maidens....him on the monday, me on the tuesday. After my bombing out he asks me out, and bothers to give me his number.

Sometime around that December....we realise that we're actually the crappest couple ever and break up.

Presently: Bestest buds.

It's a crap story admittedly, but you did want one.

Again, no love in UCD. Something we all seem to agree on.

But elm..it's great to have a bestest bud! :) Sometimes, it's just not ment to be love.

The first time I met my boyf it was in the Forum Bar. I told him to **** off a few minutes after I met him as he was really annoying me and I was in an awful mood. Love blossomed a few months after.

Seems to me that these days with so many people on the net, meeting partners is just as likely to happen online as it is in college.

Met a ucd person online. Didn't work either. Net is just the same as real life. Just sounds a bit more fancy tbh.

do I have to ? really?

I said I'll find love not that ill find love with somone

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote:
    The first time I met my boyf it was in the Forum Bar. I told him to **** off a few minutes after I met him as he was really annoying me and I was in an awful mood. Love blossomed a few months after.

There is hope! One boardster has found love in ucd.
    Thanks Pythia.

But what did he say to annoy you? And what did he do to make you change your mind?

meowCat wrote:
    Met a ucd person online. Didn't work either. Net is just the same as real life. Just sounds a bit more fancy tbh.

Well I met my boyfriend through boards, chatted in IRC for a few months, met at a beers and have been together for almost a year.

You seem to be of the impression that there's no chance of love anywhere. Can't say I agree tbh. Although having that kind of outlook can usually ensure you'll be proved right.

You seem to be of the impression that there's no chance of love anywhere. Can't say I agree tbh. Although having that kind of outlook can usually ensure you'll be proved right.

Never said that. I do believe in love. Me very romantic. Old school and stuff.

But thread is about love in UCD. And after four years in UCD I, personally, conclude there is no love to be found in UCD.

Im actually there has been no couplings at any of the UCd boards beers recently

meowCat wrote:
    There is hope! One boardster has found love in ucd.
    Thanks Pythia.

But what did he say to annoy you? ?

He was so drunk they wouldn't serve him. That was mainly it. And he kept following me around, and making everyone keep quiet while he made these ludicrous political speeches. He wanted to come into town with me afterwards so I told him to f off, which he actually did. He walked into the bushes near the Watertower.
    And what did he do to make you change your mind

He got me drunk!

(Ah, he's a lovely guy really, elmyra should be able to second that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ah let me share my story so....

Noticed a gorgeous girl in the library (actually started that "Sitting In the Library Watching"... thread re her!) and went up to her, talked to her and got her number.....

We went for lunch one day, then went for coffee again. Then she said she was really busy with finals and had just broken up with someone (what's that I smell? .....a cliché?!!!! :rolleyes: )

So my attempt for the year failed! ... Can't say I didn't try!

Boo-urns!

Pythia wrote:
    He was so drunk they wouldn't serve him. That was mainly it. And he kept following me around, and making everyone keep quiet while he made these ludicrous political speeches. He wanted to come into town with me afterwards so I told him to f off, which he actually did. He walked into the bushes near the Watertower.

He got me drunk!

I can see him giving a great speach at your wedding ;):p

I love your story!! Just had such a laugh. Thanks! Needed that. This thread is depressive. Na, maybe just me being depressive. Tonight. Usually not though. :)

im sure everyone knows my story of the hot psychology girl and the open fly.

Pythia wrote:

He is indeed, I've actually never seen him drunk! He's a gent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Grimes wrote:
    im sure everyone knows my story of the hot psychology girl and the open fly.

No?

Share!

Advertisement