Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Was waiting for that one, crude, but I was particularly proud of it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

ferdi wrote:
    :eek:

:D

lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Met the bf in town one night about 4 years ago when I was a fresher 1st time round. Turned out he went to UCD. I over-looked that he did Computer Science & 4 and a bit years later we're still together.
    Not sure if it counts as we didn't actually meet in UCD though.

Met the bf in town one night about 4 years ago when I was a fresher 1st time round. Turned out he went to UCD. I over-looked that he did Computer Science & 4 and a bit years later we're still together.

Roffle.

Ah, once you get them outdoors in the sunshine for a while they look the same as the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Hey! whats wrong with us nerds:D.
    Actually as a comp sci. there isn't much chance of finding anything. I suppose it doesn't help that our class is 90% male, and we spend all of our time either in the lecture theatre or in the lab, which happens to be next door. In reality we don't get out much:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rain on wrote:
    then we found out we were hopelessly sexually incompatible and that was the end of that.

He was in fact a girl you mean? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    I suppose it doesn't help that our class is 90% male,
    Yay for being a CS girl :D
    But I'd agree... we really don't get out much. It's really like a bubble over here...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

why do women always have to overlook this bit? there are advantages to having a fella in comp sci, i swear! where else would yez be when that last minute essay needs to be printed and nothings working like? :)

Oh yea, you know what women want:D

&#231 wrote: »
    why do women always have to overlook this bit? there are advantages to having a fella in comp sci, i swear! where else would yez be when that last minute essay needs to be printed and nothings working like? :)

This is true. I have asked comp sci boys some mighty blonde questions in my time. *smiles at Robin and Owen*. They've very helpful really :D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well some of us like nerdy guys! :)

Blowfish wrote:
    doesn't help that our class is 90% male
    or that most of the 90% male wear nothing but black, have awful hair and even worse facial hair, bad personal hygiene and a complete inability to talk to girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ferdi wrote:
    yeah, what with that?....how do some people (panda looking at you, sorry if i seem rude) find 'love' several times in one academic period in one university????

I should also add they these all ended horriffically with a lot of tears and tantrums so tbh I wish I hadnt found as much love as I have around UCD,cos with the love comes a lotta pain too,well usually in my case.........maybe I should go to PI with my 'issues' man:)

elmyra wrote:
    They've very helpful really :D .
    *Has award to prove it* :D
    Ah yes, I'm a sucker for girls who do the whole "damsel-in-distress-batting-eyelashes-please-fix-my-laptop" thing. Can never say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

irlrobins wrote:
    or that most of the 90% male wear nothing but black, have awful hair and even worse facial hair, bad personal hygiene and a complete inability to talk to girls.

Now now Robin don't give us all a bad name!

I found love as an indergrad and it lasted 4 1/2 years! We broke up last year but are still very very good friends!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

get some tissues for yo issues!!!
    ah no seriously ya cant have found love if u aint still with that person

irlrobins wrote:

But...I know....*counts*.....4 people in comp sci and none of them are like that.

Well some of us like nerdy guys! :)

I like nerdy boys best too...there so cute!!

irlrobins wrote:
    *Has award to prove it* :D
    Ah yes, I'm a sucker for girls who do the whole "damsel-in-distress-batting-eyelashes-please-fix-my-laptop" thing. Can never say no.

Incidentally.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Would you care to ennmuerate them for me?! :D (There's always the PM function :p )

I've never gone out with a ucd boy. Not sure why, it's just never happened :confused:

• Advertisement

tintinr35 wrote:

course you can!love is a state of mind in the present and Ive definalty had that.But you move on,grow up and change a bit in college and thats why its quite easy to fall out of love when in college

elmyra wrote:
    But...I know....*counts*.....4 people in comp sci and none of them are like that.
    Sit in a cs lab for half an hour, you'll scream!

elmyra wrote:
    ah that's because they obviously have social skills and were able to approach you and maintain a conversation without having to resort to Star Trek jokes. Then again, you are a Star Trek fan so maybe you just attract them like flies to.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Tintinr35 wrote:
    et some tissues for yo issues!!!
    I dont quite believe that now - Love is not necessarily fully reciprocated for one thing - and also love isnt the pure isolated thing, unnaffected by changes in life and environment and in people - oh how i wish it was sometimes but it aint :)

tintinr35 wrote:

Yes I did just didn't work out this time!
    panda100 wrote:

where the hell are all of these women who like us comp sci boys :D

elmyra wrote:
    Incidentally.......

Let me guess. You want to know how you can make every website purple??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    did you know that steve from the american class has scored three girls from our class? i only found this out the other day. that's a third of the class!

deary me, thats actually quite funny, i wonder if its made for any awkward seminars :D
    i have also been known to chat people up in the library even though i always get shot down.

thats surprising, for some reason nobody ever chats me up in the library :(, although its an act i fully support.

Love is not necessarily fully reciprocated for one thing

Have you used that arguement in court before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Well some of us like nerdy guys! smile.gif
    panda100 wrote:
    Great! there is hope for us yet!

/me runs off to buy t-shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah, once you get them outdoors in the sunshine for a while they look the same as the rest of us.
    I'd like to think that i look the same as the rest of yas all year round. Im a spy you see so its my job to look normal. How else you think us Comp Sci peeps learn about the "real" world!?

This topic has reminded me of what a m8 of mine said to me once
    We are the most normal looking bunch of nerds you'll ever meet

Twas funny really, as accross the way from us were about 100 of the other type ;)

Advertisement