Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

irlrobins wrote:
    Let me guess. You want to know how you can make every website purple??

Man, I was just joking, my laptop is actually being a good girl today, but...Can ya do that??!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Everyone here seems to like the nerdy CompSci boys... Won't anyone spare a thought for us lonesome Arts bums? Huh? HUH?!

Baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

In my experience, mostly as a bitter observer, it is the relationships where both parties think the other is 'nice' that can last for very large amounts of time, doesn't put too much strain in relationships. Tbh pandas college is a time for fun attitude is prob the best way to approach the whole relationship front at this stage, little chance of getting fúcked up:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Blowfish wrote:
    Great! there is hope for us yet!

/me runs off to buy t-shirt
    they said nerdy! not geeky. there's a difference.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    I'd like to think that i look the same as the rest of yas all year round. Im a spy you see so its my job to look normal. How else you think us Comp Sci peeps learn about the "real" world!?

This topic has reminded me of what a m8 of mine said to me once

Twas funny really, as accross the way from us were about 100 of the other type ;)

Wow, along with being psychic, that probably makes you the coolest person I know.

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    Man, I was just joking, my laptop is actually being a good girl today, but...Can ya do that??!! :D
    No. And even if you could I would not show anyone how to do it. Think of the children!!!!!

That and you'd be broadcasting your sexual fustration to everyone around you in the library...... oh wait.... I see why you'd want to do that.......

SebtheBum wrote:
    Everyone here seems to like the nerdy CompSci boys... Won't anyone spare a thought for us lonesome Arts bums? Huh? HUH?!

Baxtards.

Can't help it, they're like exotic foreigners, when you're surrounded by arts types day in day out there's nothing like 'em....;)

humbert wrote:
    Sit in a cs lab for half an hour, you'll scream!

Promise? ;)

humbert wrote:
    Tbh pandas college is a time for fun attitude is prob the best way to approach the whole relationship front at this stage, little chance of getting fúcked up:o
    Absolutely spot on. Remember Nick Hornby's protagonist in High Fidelity?
    His college gf dumps him for someone else and then;
    I lost the plot for a while then. And I lost the subplot, the script, the soundtrack, the intermission, my popcorn, the credits and the exit sign... And when I came round, after a couple of months of darkness, I found to my surprise that I had jacked in my course and was working in Record and Tape Exchange in Camden.

A sharp lesson for us all.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

scop wrote:
    deary me, thats actually quite funny, i wonder if its made for any awkward seminars :D

thats surprising, for some reason nobody ever chats me up in the library :(, although its an act i fully support.
    you need to go round batting your eyelids at people. that's always a winner.

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    they're like exotic foreigners
    Yea some of them are def speaking a different language from the rest of us....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

elmyra wrote:
    Can't help it, they're like exotic foreigners, when you're surrounded by arts types day in day out there's nothing like 'em....;)
    It's the washed out tan from hours spent staring at a screen that does it.

irlrobins wrote:
    Yea some of them are def speaking a different language from the rest of us....

Leet? :D

Why does purple signal sexual frustration? I like purple, not as much as blue though, only I was sick of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

irlrobins wrote:
    No. And even if you could I would not show anyone how to do it. Think of the children!!!!!

That and you'd be broadcasting your sexual fustration to everyone around you in the library...... oh wait.... I see why you'd want to do that.......

LMAO Robin!

And also Seb's quote, gotta love High Fidelity. Not to mention elmyra's 'promise ;)' post ... lads, you're cheering me up (trying to study on Northern Ireland, not the happiest topic :rolleyes:)

No idea so many of ye were comp sci, although I suppose it's hardly surprising :rolleyes:

Actually, elmyra, you may have a point about the exoticism of comp sci boys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

We're a rare breed - with our black tshirts with lunch crumbs everpresent, dark jackets, untamed hair and facial hair, and dirty wrecked jeans - and the pale skin and bags under your eyes (my mom recently commented on the bags under my eyes and wondered if i needed a face cream...that was, er, odd.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

irlrobins wrote:
    He was in fact a girl you mean? :p
    quiet you! it was more complicated than that. but this is a family forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Blowfish wrote:
    It's the washed out tan from hours spent staring at a screen that does it.
    Hmm, what's better: Arts orange fake tan or CS white monitor tan? :p

rain on wrote:
    Ah just PM us individually. :p

rain on wrote:

Yup, we're just all one big happy family!!

I bags loveable one, Gav can be the black sheep :D , Grimes can be the distant cousin who had to leave for reasons that we never talk about and lives far far away :p

Hmm, what's better: Arts orange fake tan or CS white monitor tan? :p

I personally am enjoying my slight suntan now that my sunburn has gone. I'd prefer a pasty face to an oompa loompa though, personally. 'Pale and interesting...' as they say...or atleast, as my dear mammy says to console me.

• Advertisement

Great elmyra! A boards family. Crash is the 'cousin' who's unofficially adopted :)

Who am I then?

/cringes pre-emptively in expectation of dire answers

See, I didn't ask that question .... out of cowardice. Not sure I want to know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hermione* wrote:
    Great elmyra! A boards family. Crash is the 'cousin' who's unofficially adopted :)
    If i'm the cousin....and you're part of the family....this is just getting disturbing :(

&#231 wrote: »
    If i'm the cousin....and you're part of the family....this is just getting disturbing :(
    lmao... Incest is best, eh?

SebtheBum wrote:
    Who am I then?

/cringes pre-emptively in expectation of dire answers

you can be the crazy one :D

mmm....possibly he should be the virtual boy-next-door?

elmyra wrote:
    you can be the crazy one :D
    oh that is such a cop-out answer!
    But I thank you for not giving me a more insulting and/or derogatory role in the UCD Boards family...

EDIT: And you double-posted AGAIN! I reiterate what I said the last time you did this:
    BAN HER! BAN HER! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    you need to go round batting your eyelids at people. that's always a winner.

this should make for some highly awkward, yet amusing, moments on the escalators

• Advertisement

I was obviously being too polite; this is what I get for trying to avoid more 'I'm hurt' posts from Neil on the bitch/moan/rant thread :rolleyes: I meant, the distant second cousin, twice removed who turns up and can't be kicked out because of vague familial connections :D

Shoulda never gone for the subtle approach like :rolleyes:

Advertisement