Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in UCD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

SebtheBum wrote:
    oh that is such a cop-out answer!
    But I thank you for not giving me a more insulting and/or derogatory role in the UCD Boards family...

EDIT: And you double-posted AGAIN! I reiterate what I said the last time you did this:
    BAN HER! BAN HER! :D

Seb dear don't be cruel, I only do it because I'm afflicted with an inability to use technology and I haven't a breeze how to quote two different posts in one reply.

I demand that someone instruct me, thank you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Yea some of them are def speaking a different language from the rest of us....
    Then within CS there are many different dialects :p

To quote different people you type [.quote=Elmyra] copy+paste text here [./quote](without the "." before quote) then the same again to inifity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

When you hit the quote button on a post it will quote that post entirely. You then can edit down that quote to one sentence or whatever by editing the text between the [noparse]
    and
    [/noparse] tags.

Similiarly you can quote more than one person. Just copy and paste or even retype the text you want to quote and put [noparse]
    "poster's wrote:
    and
    either side of it.

Example:
    Some random crap in here
    Even more random crap as is to be expected
    [/noparse]

Get it?

Yup, thanks both!

*feels less blonde*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Then within CS there are many different dialects :p

To quote different people you type [.quote=Elmyra] copy+paste text here [./quote](without the "." before quote) then the same again to inifity.
    You don't actually have to use the dots B-K, if you stick it all in [noparse][noparse][/noparse][/noparse] tags.

[edit] like robin did above

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

I've been going out wit some1 since i was in sixth yr so i havent realy actively looked 4 any1 in ucd. ive been asked out a couple of times though. i think sometimes it would b cool not 2 have some1 at home and just have a good time in college tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:
    In my experience, mostly as a bitter observer, it is the relationships where both parties think the other is 'nice' that can last for very large amounts of time, doesn't put too much strain in relationships.

I actually really agree with this....I would hate to end up in one of these sort of boring relationships....most of my friends are in them and while all their boyfriends are lovely its all a bit too 'couply' , 'safe' and 'boring' for me-will have that when im 40 not when Im 23!!Thats why in college its good not being 'nice' with/to the opposite sex.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

And that's why I say girls are mean, little miss dump by text:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Oh panda, tell me that's not true!!

You don't actually have to use the dots B-K, if you stick it all in [noparse][/noparse] tags.

Learn something new every day. I figured boards had something like that but i wasnt assed trying to find out. Cheers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hermione* wrote:
    Oh panda, tell me that's not true!!
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Beyond the f**king pale tbh.

Yeah, er, I've done this too.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

panda100 wrote:
    Thats why in college its good not being 'nice' with/to the opposite sex.........:D

oh Panda Im totally the same biatch :D

Ah lads, I can't believe that, you both seem like such nice people! :eek: TBH, I was dumped once by email and it did NOT feel good. 239.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

oh i just remembered i wore the face off a UCD staff member for a few weeks when i was in second year. so i think that brings the number of people i've scored in college to five.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

rain on wrote:
    oh i just remembered i wore the face off a UCD staff member for a few weeks when i was in second year. so i think that brings the number of people i've scored in college to five.
    :eek: Define staff member????

Hermione* wrote:
    Ah lads, I can't believe that, you both seem like such nice people! :eek: TBH, I was dumped once by email and it did NOT feel good. 239.gif

I got dumped via phonecall, by the same guy I remain best mates with....I think I was more accepting of it cos he cried, I think he ended up feeling worse than I did.

My other friend broke up with someone in the following way...

Her: So what are you giving up for Lent?
    Him: Eh, you.

Hermione* wrote:
    That's pretty ****e, some people are just mean!
    elmyra wrote:
    That's pretty funny, in that case I get the case it was short term which is not so bad.

elmyra wrote:
    My other friend broke up with someone in the following way...

Like something out of the Simpsons; that's so cruel imo. It's a good line, but not to actualluy use.

Yeah, I thought it quite s**** too humbert, we'd been together for two years! I mean, ffs!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

irlrobins wrote:
    works in daedalus. i don't think i've ever been involved with an academic staff member.

i've just remembered a sixth UCD person i scored as well. can we rename this thread 'Bedpost-Notching in UCD'?

• Advertisement

humbert wrote:
    That's pretty ****e, some people are just mean!

That's pretty funny, in that case I get the case it was short term which is not so bad.

It was deadly serious. I wish they hadn't broken up, they were my mammy and daddy (not literally! :eek: ) and they used to bitch at each other all the time, they were the best fun ever....:(

elmyra wrote:
    It was deadly serious. I wish they hadn't broken up, they were my mammy and daddy (not literally! :eek: ) and they used to bitch at each other all the time, they were the best fun ever....:(
    Yeah, er, I think that may have been the problem.
    irlrobins wrote:
    Heh heh, staff member.

God I'm juvenile.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah, er, I think that may have been the problem.
    QUOTE]

Noooo! It was the fun, endearing kind of bitching, like Dan and Roseanne except they're both Irish and good looking. I miss 'em! *sobs*

elmyra wrote:
    Noooo! It was the fun, endearing kind of bitching, like Dan and Roseanne except they're both Irish and good looking. I miss 'em! *sobs*
    Aw, don't cry, petal.
    /huggles
    rain on wrote:
    i've just remembered a sixth UCD person i scored as well. can we rename this thread 'Bedpost-Notching in UCD'?
    My number would be....um... 4. I think.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Aw, don't cry, petal.
    /huggles

Thank you. I love hugs!!

My number is 1....2 if you count someone who moved from UCD to Trinity (traitorous baxtard). I just don't like randomly scoring people. I think I'm weird. :o

elmyra wrote:
    Thank you. I love hugs!!

My number is 1....2 if you count someone who moved from UCD to Trinity (traitorous baxtard). I just don't like randomly scoring people. I think I'm weird. :o
    Nah, I don't think ur weird at all... Probably a better attitude to have tbh.
    Meself, I went through a phase of randomly scoring lots of people a while back, maybe a year and a bit ago. Got bored. Wanted a relationship. Got one. It lasted a week.

Suffice it to say that I don't think I'm meant for relationships. Or one night stands.

Which does sorta leave me a bit nowhere!:o

@OP: Thanks a lot HappyCrackHead, you bast*rd! What a depressing topic!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Regarding Panda's cruelty
    The best break-up I heard of was by voicemail. Thing was, he met her before she got the message (but he had left it) and said nothing.:D

Sitting here grinning at the thought of that, beautiful, in theory that is, not going to start imagining the cruel reality of the situation.

0 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

Pah, optimists give me hives!
    Brilliant!

Advertisement