Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinions

Options
  • 01-05-2006 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭

Okay,
    This afternoon, driving through an estate in Galway-speed limit is 50Kph.
    Driving in a Fiesta and I suppose I was doing around 40 Kph. In no real rush anywhere, I had just pulled out from a parked position. About 6 seconds after this a black BMW behind me beeps for around 3 seconds at me (for no apparent reason as far as I can see but because I was doing less than the 50KPH(he could have overtaken me had he wanted to, and in fairness he must have been fairly moving to have gotten that close to me,as he wasnt in the mirror when I was pulling out)
    Anyway, me being a bit peeved gave him two fingers (granted I am not usually like this) but was annnoyed.
    So he follows me into another estate then pulls up beside me, rolls down his window and asks me to step outside for a fight in a foreign accent. Needless to say I didnt want to do this so asked him to move on as he had appeared to be in quiet a rush earlier on when he had beeped me.
    Anyway, he drove off and that was pretty much the end of it.
    Was I doing anything wrong? (Apart from reacting to the beep)
    This is a built up area and the road isnt the best-I would generally drive at the speed limit-conditions permitting)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

He could have been one of the Triads. I'd watch my back if I was you and watch your post too you might get a dodgy Chinese meal in the post.;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The way I'd possibly see it is that you possibly pulled out in front of this guy and didn't take the speed he was doing into account - legal or otherwise. you then went on to drive at a snails pace, and then give him the finger.

This is how he may have seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vulpiner

Sounds like he wanted to show you whos boss. The big man in his BMW. When I come across people like that (those that tailgate, want to show off by driving aggressively etc) I often slow down intentially. Childish I know, but works wonders. When they pass you out and give the bird, a nice warm smile and a wave and then I do my best to catch up to the speed limit again.;)

But still, you should keep up to the speed limit as best as you can, because its often the slower drivers that cause accidents.

Advertisement