Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for moderators

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Vulpiner wrote:
    It says there in the link that the mods can see what youve deleted? Thus, theyre able to see your pms?
    They can see what you deleted on the forums they moderate (or all forums in the case of s-mods). PMs aren't in forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Vulpiner wrote:
    This "if necessary" bothers me. I suppose privacy is an issue no matter what medium you use. Whats to stop some mod voyeuring?

As regards your question, mother is buried in the cellar.:D

mods dont know the access details to the database. The admins reading your PMs isnt as easy as clicking a button.

Anyway Jelsoft, the owners of vB are thinking of renaming private to personal.
    Pms ar'nt truely private, even H365 could read them, but why would they, the fact that they can won't mean they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i can see everyones PMs becuase i have x-ray specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Vulpiner wrote:
    Im relatively new to the boards and Im just wondering if Moderators are able to view private messages.

How secure are private messages? Can moderators enable cookies in regard to them?
    So who you been pming???
    I'd be worried Vul, starting a thread like this is bound to draw suspicion to you & curiosity'll probably get the better of at least one of the people who have access to your pms & have a good ol' browse!
    What're you trying to hide?
    ashamed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

BuffyBot wrote:
    *demands shiny badge*
    *demands better badge than BB*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'd be worried Vul, starting a thread like this is bound to draw suspicion to you & curiosity'll probably get the better of at least one of the people who have access to your pms & have a good ol' browse!

Not likely.

Not a high enough profile to even bother checking PMs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Merc's Law of Least-Arsedness takes precendent :)

<3 Merc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If they were corrupt and read them, they would just get bored pretty fast. Not much scandal in them.
    /Me covers tracks.
    >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Vulpiner

So who you been pming???
    What're you trying to hide?
    ashamed.jpg

Thats my face and thats my hand-writing, omg! Though my hair is longer than that.:rolleyes:

Anyway, it seems my paronia is unjustified.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote:
    Not likely.

Not a high enough profile to even bother checking PMs :)

Yes, Im such a pleb:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I'm reading them right now.

Still not reassured. See that bubbles thread? Which of you is Bubbles?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm bubbles, why?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Me.

:rolleyes:

Which exact Bubbles thread are you talking about?

/edit: Dammit Tar, you got there first

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

*groan*

Faith wrote:
    Me.

:rolleyes:

Which exact Bubbles thread are you talking about?

/edit: Dammit Tar, you got there first
    There is a new thread about me here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054928236
    Maybe he refers to that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You're causing quite a fuss, aren't you!

/Me looks through Vullpiners Pms...interesting...

Boards.ie could be a big pyschological experiment. Seeing the personalities that are created online and then comparing them with their real-life personas.:D Bubbles could be part of it. The Mods are all pychologists in reality, even Tar. Us users are just pawns.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/Me looks through Vullpiners Pms...interesting...

See, I know your lying now. ;)

I already read thru the PM's, making copies of all the interesting ones before deleting them from the inbox. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

/me sends scandalously raunchy PM to Tar

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Gonna fill his inbox are you?

Just dont send the pic with me covered in baby-oil, wearing a diaper. I had a bad-hair day then.

kaimera wrote:
    See, I know your lying now. ;)

I already read thru the PM's, making copies of all the interesting ones before deleting them from the inbox. :)
    Aye I had to trace what you had done using my psychologists muind and then read the copies off your computer.

/Me dons scandalously rauchy outfit.
    Sarky, you called?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ok, who's been editing my PM's?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sorry.
    was bored.

Advertisement