Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Broadband!

• 01-05-2006 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Ive got a friend that is some how got broadband without payin for it, Appartley they forgot to turn it off after some trial he got. Has it over a year now for free. Do u reckon he will ever get caught. Could they back bill him even though he didnt sign up for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

i doubt that they could ever catch him but if they do all he has to do is play dumb and say he thought it was being paid for buy someone else in the house. but i dont think they can charge him for it if he did not sign up for it after the trial so i think he is in the clear the same think happened to me i canceled my account and they stopped charging me but it still works for me and iam happy with it.

but tell him good luck with it and i doubt if he gets caught that they will make him pay for it because it is there fault that they did not turn it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

lol I had eircom for 1.5 years for free when they forgot to disconnect me when I cancelled, I just moved :( I'm pretty sure it's still available in that house lol

And I wasn't shy about using it either, was leeching atleast 50 gigs per month lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Esat were charging me double when I first signed up for about 3 months.. I rang up to complain and I haven't been charged for about 2 years since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

signed up for IOL anytime and they never charged me for 1 and 1/2 years.

in the post came a whopping bill for 700 odd euros.

lesson learned.

I'd advise you to tell your friend to settle up with them as they will eventualy catch up with you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

in ur case u signed up for it. u are obliged to pay for it. now in his case he did not signed up for and they left it on that was there fault not his and if he uses it.that is not his fault for it is his house and he is allowed to use it and they cant do anything about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

madmike18 wrote:
    in ur case u signed up for it. u are obliged to pay for it. now in his case he did not signed up for and they left it on that was there fault not his and if he uses it.that is not his fault for it is his house and he is allowed to use it and they cant do anything about it
    The T & C's of the trials stated that if you didn't cancel before the end of the trial period and returned the equipment within 10 days of the trial finishing, you automatically enter into a contract. You don't actually physically sign a piece of paper. The initial order (over the phone or online) is taken as acceptance of these conditions.
    If they catch on, they will bill the account holder (whoever that may be) and they will have to pay.
    BTW, if you did cancel but didn't return the equipment, it's still viewed as acceptance of a contract.

Advertisement