Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another "I have a design" thread

Options
  • 01-05-2006 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

After juggling a few designs around the place, I think I have finally settled on one that I like. Now I just need to hear what you think

Pay no real heed to all the grey and white, the whole thing is still just a rough sketch with a lot of work to be done. I just want to hear initial impressions.

What I wanted to go for was something simple, easily navigable, and yet could be made fairly respectable looking. I haven't quite reached that one yet.

Clicka da mouse here.

Most of the links off the front page are clickable. I'm happiest with the front page, though I feel the other pages are maybe a little bit generic. Could be to do with the lack of a proper colour scheme though.

Any and all feedback appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

No offence but i think you should post it again when there is actually a design on the page, a couple of grey boxes and no logo isnt worth getting peoples opinions on.

I hope you understand where i'm coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

grahamor wrote:
    No offence but i think you should post it again when there is actually a design on the page, a couple of grey boxes and no logo isnt worth getting peoples opinions on.

I hope you understand where i'm coming from.

Ditto, the layout looks alright-ish, seems very simple so theres not a whole lot to say. Theres nothing wrong with it as far as i can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

grahamor is right - not being smart ( honestly, im always interested in looking at designs ) but theres nothing there to give an opinion on - except you have a long way to go.... :)

check out http://www.openwebdesign.org/ or http://www.oswd.org/ for ideas on template layouts and how people create mock content to highlight designs

use this to create fake text http://www.lipsum.com/ too ( site explains why too )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I think it's fine as it stands... especially the references to caek and pictar!... your Yadda news items were an interesting read, but I'd also like to be kept abreast on what's happening with the whole lipsum situation.

I think you should start the unfinished websites webring... could add a few of my own in there and then we might have a thing going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think it's fine as it stands... especially the references to caek and pictar!... your Yadda news items were an interesting read, but I'd also like to be kept abreast on what's happening with the whole lipsum situation.

I think you should start the unfinished websites webring... could add a few of my own in there and then we might have a thing going.
    :D

Yeah, I realise there is a lot to do yet, but I just wanted to get feedback on whether people thought I had hit on my main two goals, easy to navigate and simple to follow. Everything else will pretty much just be working around this.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Simple and trendy, gets the point across but not very colorful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Show it to us when is full of text and colors.
    It looks alright now but hard to say how will the layout be when is up and running for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Looks ok.
    A little more padding (Esp. for FireFox users) in "topBar" (ed: and "leftBar" and so on)wouldn't go amiss.

Advertisement